MAC brush experts: Which brush should I buy?

Loquita

May 16, 2008
I am interested in buying a lip brush that will help me soften or blend the edges of my lip liner before applying lipstick or gloss (I don't want a "hard" edge between my liner and lipstick/gloss). Any suggestions, please?

It doesn't necessarily have to be a MAC brush, either -- I am open to trying any brand! :yes:

Thanks so much in advance!!! :heart:

Last edited:
I recently bought one from Coastal Scents that I really like---the pink Kolinsky lip brush. It's firm enough to be exact, but soft enough to blend lip liner...and it's CHEAP!
It was about $3-4.00.

i was hoping i might be able to help, but im more into brushes for eyes, so i cant be of any help for your lips. i would go into sephora and ask them! they always have the best suggestions!

I love MAC brushes but I don't use brushes period for lips. Not sure Sephora would have ideas on MAC brushes for lips as they don't carry MAC but are you near a MAC counter anywhere? Or you can go online on their site and chat with a rep (maccosmetics.com) if there are not a lot of replies to this thread.

Like Frosty posted, brushes can sometimes be used for functions other than what they're officially supposed to do, heh. I use a concealer brush for e/s, for example.

I'm sure someone here will have some ideas for you!!