MAC brush cleaner

shoegal27

sunglass addict
Sep 9, 2007
Ok just read on another site that the brush cleaner I just bought from MAC may harm the brushes. I have been using it at full strength but now just poured it all back in and dilluted it with water. I use a little spray bottle. Darn.. why would MAC sell a product that would harm the bristles? Those brushes are expensive, yo!

i've been using it on my 187 for ages (i put it in a spray bottle to make it easier to use) and i haven't had any issues. it's not like i'm leaving it on for hours to soak in so i don't see the issue with a quick spritz and rise followed by some baby shampoo.

i could be wrong but i'm pretty anal about my brushes and they're good as new!

I just use baby shampoo. Works for me. The lady at the Prescriptives counter told me to use that years ago.

i'm anal too. Funny, I was just going to purchase some of the MAC stuff. Now, maybe not so much...

I have never read that it can hurt the brushes, I know on Specktra they say you are supposed to dilute it because it's concentrated and could be too harsh on the brushes when at full strength.

i am a bit freaky about brush cleanser i just use a mild shampoo with conditioner clean the brushes with towel let them dry overnight..
they end up being so soft and clean!