MAC brush cleaner

shoegal27

sunglass addict
Sep 9, 2007
In my own world
Ok just read on another site that the brush cleaner I just bought from MAC may harm the brushes. I have been using it at full strength but now just poured it all back in and dilluted it with water. I use a little spray bottle. Darn.. why would MAC sell a product that would harm the bristles? Those brushes are expensive, yo!

Mar 16, 2008
what site did you read that in? is it anothe forum, if so are they talking out of facts, or is it just random info thrown left and right ...hehe..??

jc2239

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005
abeautyfulsentiment.blogspot.com
i've been using it on my 187 for ages (i put it in a spray bottle to make it easier to use) and i haven't had any issues. it's not like i'm leaving it on for hours to soak in so i don't see the issue with a quick spritz and rise followed by some baby shampoo.

i could be wrong but i'm pretty anal about my brushes and they're good as new!

MissTiss

Shopping Issues
O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
tPF rocks my stripey socks!
I just use baby shampoo. Works for me. The lady at the Prescriptives counter told me to use that years ago.

i'm anal too. Funny, I was just going to purchase some of the MAC stuff. Now, maybe not so much...

Charlie

O.G.
Apr 28, 2007
I make my own and I haven gotten any break outs so far. It is working for me, I hope I stayed like this.

annanas

O.G.
Jul 15, 2006
i've been using it for about five years and it hasn't damaged my brushes in the slightest.

~KT~

Mar 21, 2007
San Jose, cali
www.myspace.com
I have never read that it can hurt the brushes, I know on Specktra they say you are supposed to dilute it because it's concentrated and could be too harsh on the brushes when at full strength.

itsnicole

Aug 3, 2006
I have been using MAC's brush cleaner for some time now, and my brushes still look as good as when I first bought them.

amnA-

Thank you God.
O.G.
Feb 3, 2007
right herE -
i am a bit freaky about brush cleanser i just use a mild shampoo with conditioner clean the brushes with towel let them dry overnight..
they end up being so soft and clean!