MAB with STRAP in Black Haze - my imagination?

FrankieP

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
Hello, I've been doing a few searches on this, but have found this forum is hard to find the exact answer you're asking as there are so many versions of every single bag and colour and style! :girlwhack:

Anyway, just quickly I'm wondering if the Morning After Bag With Strap was made in Black Haze? It seems the perfect bag for me and I love the BH leather on my 3-Zip, but aren't sure it even exists... I know it was made in just the MAB but I really want a matching strap as I always carry bags messenger style!

Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure it was never made. There are no square rings on the front/back of the bag to hook a strap onto because they're all zip MAB/MAMs. If you really wanted to wear it messenger style, you could probably unlook the dogleash clasps on the side and hook a strap onto the clasps.

The hazes do not come with straps, nor were any made for them. They didn't even put the HW on the bag for it, other than unclasping the dogleash clips.

Awwww okay, thanks everyone for your help! In pondering this more I have come up with the idea of using the strap for my BH 3-Zip and attaching that to the dog clips... if I can find the MAB for a good price I might give it a go and let you all know how it went! Or maybe I could just get a black strap and ignore that it doesn't match perfectly.. I doubt anyone else would notice.

Whilst kinda on the topic, how do you guys find using those clips on the side to attach the strap to, doesn't the bag twist a bit since it's not attached at each end?

Whilst kinda on the topic, how do you guys find using those clips on the side to attach the strap to, doesn't the bag twist a bit since it's not attached at each end?

Yep! I have a Pepper MAM with strap - when the strap is hitched onto the diagonally-placed rings (i.e. where they are "supposed" to go), the whole bag goes a bit awry. It's comfortable to carry, but I get worried that the tension might yank the bag out of shape with time.

So now I'm hitching the strap to the dog-leash clips at the sides, which I unhinged from the rings at the bottom. No more twisting, and the weight of the bag hangs from points that look better reinforced. It makes the drop a tad longer, but that's fine to me. HTH - I learnt this from a fellow TPFer.

Good luck with your creative strapping! I would have loved if my Navy MAB had come with a strap. For some reason, all my MAs, despite fitting nicely on my shoulder, like to hang there by just one handle.

Well regarding weight the 3-Zip strap is chain so I figured it'd be okay? Will see how it goes.. might be a bit short to carry a large bag crossbody but would be fun to try. Has someone got both a 3-Zip and a MAB that could try this for me?

Katie yes that's exactly what I'm thinking, weight over time would twist it! I think they look good hobo-fied anyway with straps attached to each end, and making it longer is a good thing! :tup: