MAB Luxe Review

So....just before I left the country for the last several weeks I was fortunate enough to buy the only known sample of a MAB Luxe out there from a fantastic fellow TPFer. The bag arrived after I had already left. Needless to say, I was dying to get home and see the bag IRL. And it certainly didn't disappoint!

Here's a few pics and my thoughts on the MAB Luxe. I believe that this color is called "fawn," which will be coming out in several styles of for the holidays, including the MAB Luxe and MAM (if anyone's interested, LB is taking preorders now). First my pics, and then a brief review:

CIMG0375-1.jpg

CIMG0379-1.jpg

CIMG0380-1.jpg

CIMG0351-1.jpg

So....just before I left the country for the last several weeks I was fortunate enough to buy the only known sample of a MAB Luxe out there from a fantastic fellow TPFer. The bag arrived after I had already left. Needless to say, I was dying to get home and see the bag IRL. And it certainly didn't disappoint!

Here's a few pics and my thoughts on the MAB Luxe. I believe that this color is called "fawn," which will be coming out in several styles of for the holidays, including the MAB Luxe and MAM (if anyone's interested, LB is taking preorders now). First my pics, and then a brief review:

CIMG0375-1.jpg

CIMG0379-1.jpg

CIMG0380-1.jpg

CIMG0351-1.jpg

i like the style and color but i would prefer something different for the handles.. i cant put my finger on it, but i think it might be the skinny handles.. or maybe they're too long.

And here's my review:

The MAB Luxe, while roughly the same height and width as the original MAB, differs from the MAB in that it is more sleek in design. The main compartment is not as deep as the MAB's and it's approx. 9" shoulder drop makes the bag far easier to wear on the shoulder -- in fact, when I walk around with this bag it actually feels awkward to wear it anywhere else than my shoulder. For that reason, I don't know if the Luxe should actually be classified as a satchel.

The additional pockets are the bag are extremely useful. In fact, I use the smallest front pocket to hold my keys. (FYI: the pockets under the main outer pocket flap have magnetic closures). I find this poclet particularly helpful because it's small and well-placed enough for it to come in handy, yet deep enough for my keys or whatever else not to fall out. The only drawback to this pocket is that virtually whatever you put in it will make it bulge out.

As far as the fawn leather, it is lightweight, smooth, very slightly glazed, and simply gorgeous. It smooshes down into a puddle when standing, yet is still not as soft as the pebbled leathers, for example. This leather also scratches a bit more easily than the pebbled leathers, though this is not an issue for me (any scratches make the bag more interesting). I am curious to see how this particularly model -- which can come off as relatively less conservative in design than the original MAB and MAM -- will translate in the newer colors such as electronic blue and deeo red. Hope this helps!

***And I think that I just found my new favorite RM model***

Loquita - It's gorgeous, and congrats on getting the first MAB Luxe out there! I'm so excited to see this post because I've been obsessing over which color to pre-order all day long.

Thanks for the detailed review! I've been excited for it's sleekness and updated design, and that it looked to fit easier on the shoulder - exactly things you said! And I'm happy to finally see Fawn, as I've been searching online with no luck.

Love your bag!! :woohoo: