M or L PS1??

Mar 19, 2007
Hey there, I am new to PS and am crushing on the PS1.
I carry a lot and love the size of my bal cities...don't think i can go any smaller for an everyday/night bag.
Am I more suited for a medium or a large?? Thanks for all your help...it's hard to tell from the pics what is best for me. (I'm 5'6, 118lbs)

Also, wheres the best place to look for mod pics of just the ps1?

Hey there, I am new to PS and am crushing on the PS1.
I carry a lot and love the size of my bal cities...don't think i can go any smaller for an everyday/night bag.
Am I more suited for a medium or a large?? Thanks for all your help...it's hard to tell from the pics what is best for me. (I'm 5'6, 118lbs)

Also, wheres the best place to look for mod pics of just the ps1?
Hey girlie!! I remember you from the RM subforum. Here are some pics of my medium PS1:

2v8pmav.jpg

2idyh.jpg

I looked at both sizes while I was in NYC, and I felt like the large was not much wider (from front to back) than the medium, it's really just a good bit taller, so it gives you more vertical space, but not really horizontal space. That's why I chose the medium, I like it's proportions better as well.

Here's what my fits:

Left to right: RM boyfriend pouch, notepad, 2 RM cheeky pouches, glucose meter, Ray Bans, TB wallet in front pocket. As you can see from the side shot, no bulging at all. I can fit my ipad in there too, it just makes it bulge a little. HTH!!

67o2gp.jpg

264izpv.jpg

I have XL, L, and M, and I personally love large the best. L is about the size of Balenciaga City and XL is comparable to a Work. Medium seems a lot smaller than Bal City to me and it doesn't carry as much as the City. I'm 5'10~5'11 for reference but some of my friends who are about 5'5ish also find it too small.
Here's a picture of my PS1s: smoke XL, navy L, and raspberry M for size comparison.

Attachments

• 6cb59bb2gw1do6iziotl6j.jpg
    6cb59bb2gw1do6iziotl6j.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,164
Hey girlie!! I remember you from the RM subforum. Here are some pics of my medium PS1:

2v8pmav.jpg

2idyh.jpg

I looked at both sizes while I was in NYC, and I felt like the large was not much wider (from front to back) than the medium, it's really just a good bit taller, so it gives you more vertical space, but not really horizontal space. That's why I chose the medium, I like it's proportions better as well.

Here's what my fits:

Left to right: RM boyfriend pouch, notepad, 2 RM cheeky pouches, glucose meter, Ray Bans, TB wallet in front pocket. As you can see from the side shot, no bulging at all. I can fit my ipad in there too, it just makes it bulge a little. HTH!!

67o2gp.jpg

264izpv.jpg

hi court! wow, the pics are awesome thank you so much!!!! where did you end up purchasing? i keep looking at barneys but they dont have as many colors as i would like.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help ladies....! i still can't choose though. I'll have to make another trip to the store and see what really looks best. It seems the medium would hold everything I need but something about the large just seems more "me."

hi court! wow, the pics are awesome thank you so much!!!! where did you end up purchasing? i keep looking at barneys but they dont have as many colors as i would like.
I originally purchased one at Barneys (tangerine) but didn't love it once I got it back home. I ended up purchasing my feldspar PS1 from a lovely TPFer who originally purchased it from ******.

If you are looking for other places to see them and compare sizes, I saw several at Zirna Kabete (sp?) in Soho last time I was there (about a month ago). Good luck deciding!!

When I went to check out the sizes at Barneys, I still had a hard time getting a feel of the weight and visualizing how it would look with my typical items that I would carry as the bag was empty. I suggest when you go look at the bags, bring things that you would want to carry in the bag.

I have the medium and it feels a bit "small" to me (because I'm used to carrying massive bags that I can throw anything into) however: 1) I love the proportions of the medium and think it looks much better than the large, and 2) I have shoulder issues from carrying such heavy bags and I appreciate how the medium has sort of forced me to "edit" what I carry to give my poor shoulders a break! It still carries a lot, but I just can't mindlessly throw anything into it.