M/L Iridescent Black CF Under a Flashlight -- so sparkly! :D

ladybug333

May 6, 2019
I've been wanting a classic flap in caviar with silver hardware for awhile, but I already have a lambskin CF in ghw and felt like the two bags were too similar to justify having both of them. I also prefer fashion that's a little edgy and unique, and having two classic flaps felt more mainstream than I'd prefer. (Don't get me wrong, they are gorgeous, but I felt like I wanted to branch out to something a little different.)

...Then, I discovered the iridescent classic flap. :biggrin: Within a few days, I saw Fashionphile post one in my favorite size (M/L), so I swooped it up and just got it today. I believe it's from 18C, and it's a 25-series.

Before getting this bag, I had done TONS of research -- I pretty much watched all of the YouTube videos and read all of the posts here to try to figure out how sparkly the bag actually was. I wanted something unique, but I didn't want a bag that looked straight-up glittery lol. I can say now that it's the perfect amount of sparkly! In normal light, there's just a hint of glow, and under direct light it is a sparkle MACHINE, which I think is so fun!

Since it was hard to find videos of the sparkles before buying this bag, I recorded a couple videos of the bag in both direct light and indirect light...

You can watch them here!

And here's a normal pic of the bag... :smile:

IMG_4836.jpg
I also LOVE that the caviar is small grains and puffy -- two things that were important to me, too.

Would you ever get an iridescent bag?

Oh my!!! Perfect choice!!! Congratulations! :biggrin: I went Crazy trying to find the mini version of this. I love iridescent so much! It’s an obvious choice! Now you can go hunt the pink iridescent from 19S too hehe, that’s another tdf

I've been wanting a classic flap in caviar with silver hardware for awhile, but I already have a lambskin CF in ghw and felt like the two bags were too similar to justify having both of them. I also prefer fashion that's a little edgy and unique, and having two classic flaps felt more mainstream than I'd prefer. (Don't get me wrong, they are gorgeous, but I felt like I wanted to branch out to something a little different.)

...Then, I discovered the iridescent classic flap. :biggrin: Within a few days, I saw Fashionphile post one in my favorite size (M/L), so I swooped it up and just got it today. I believe it's from 18C, and it's a 25-series.

Before getting this bag, I had done TONS of research -- I pretty much watched all of the YouTube videos and read all of the posts here to try to figure out how sparkly the bag actually was. I wanted something unique, but I didn't want a bag that looked straight-up glittery lol. I can say now that it's the perfect amount of sparkly! In normal light, there's just a hint of glow, and under direct light it is a sparkle MACHINE, which I think is so fun!

Since it was hard to find videos of the sparkles before buying this bag, I recorded a couple videos of the bag in both direct light and indirect light...

You can watch them here!

View attachment 4595437
I also LOVE that the caviar is small grains and puffy -- two things that were important to me, too.

YESSS!!! I have this exact bag along with a couple SLG’s and it’s by FAR my all time fav bag Chanel has ever made! Congrats on finding this as it’s EXTREMELY rare to find in this size! May I ask if you paid more than retail? I’m just curious as to what they’re going for now. Thanks for sharing!

YESSS!!! I have this exact bag along with a couple SLG’s and it’s by FAR my all time fav bag Chanel has ever made! Congrats on finding this as it’s EXTREMELY rare to find in this size! May I ask if you paid more than retail? I’m just curious as to what they’re going for now. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for celebrating with me!! I saw some of your photos here and they got me hyped while I was waiting for the bag to arrive! :smile: I got it at the current retail price — $5,800 + tax.
I’m so thrilled with it and can’t believe I found it in this size!

Reactions: ddebartolo
Thank you for celebrating with me!! I saw some of your photos here and they got me hyped while I was waiting for the bag to arrive! :smile: I got it at the current retail price — $5,800 + tax.
I’m so thrilled with it and can’t believe I found it in this size!
That price sounds about right. It’s SO rare in this size. You said you watched YouTube videos about it - I have a couple so I’m wondering if you saw mine hahaha CuseCutie1 on YT. Love your video of it in the light as it really captures the sparkles!! Enjoy!

You can watch them here!

View attachment 4595437

Beautiful bag. Congrats. I have this in rectangular mini and I really like it. I also had it in the WOC, but sold it as I was not a huge fan of WOC anymore.

That price sounds about right. It’s SO rare in this size. You said you watched YouTube videos about it - I have a couple so I’m wondering if you saw mine hahaha CuseCutie1 on YT. Love your
video of it in the light as it really captures the sparkles!! Enjoy!

Hi! Great to meet you. I have seen some of your videos and I enjoy watching and find them helpful. I was wondering what happened to your So Black chevron reissue. That is also a beauty, but you did not mention it in your handbag collection :sad:

Hi! Great to meet you. I have seen some of your videos and I enjoy watching and find them helpful. I was wondering what happened to your So Black chevron reissue. That is also a beauty, but you did not mention it in your handbag collection :sad:
Hi thanks for watching! Ugh yes unfortunately I sold it. I had some bills I wanted to pay and I rarely used it. Been thinking about adding it back in down the road but maybe in a smaller size

That price sounds about right. It’s SO rare in this size. You said you watched YouTube videos about it - I have a couple so I’m wondering if you saw mine hahaha CuseCutie1 on YT. Love your video of it in the light as it really captures the sparkles!! Enjoy!
Yes!!! Your videos were the most helpful ones I found about this bag. You totally got me pumped for it because of how much you loved yours. :smile: You also seem really down to earth and have a slightly edgy style (which I love!) which quelled my fears of carrying a sparkly Chanel bag around. hahaha. Thank you!

Yes!!! Your videos were the most helpful ones I found about this bag. You totally got me pumped for it because of how much you loved yours. :smile: You also seem really down to earth and have a slightly edgy style (which I love!) which quelled my fears of carrying a sparkly Chanel bag around. hahaha. Thank you!
Hahaha thank you! I’m glad that’s how I’m portrayed because I feel like that’s how I truly am. So cool to hear that my videos helped you! Thanks for sharing !