M/L classic flap owners....need your advice! Dent on inside flap of new bag...normal?

pinkmechanic

Mar 9, 2010
Hey ladies

I've just got a m/l classic flap in lambskin and noticed some imperfections and I'm not sure if they're signs of defects. :cry:

1. Dent on inside flap caused by zip of outer flap
There're some rather deep dents caused by the zip (see pics). Is this normal for new bags? Won't it get worse with wear as the zip rubs against the inner flap. Worried it may cause a tear or wear off the leather.

2. Dent on inner compartment caused by press stud
Should the press stud rest nicely on the hardware instead of the leather. There's already a dent on the leather even though I've not used the bag.

Are these signs that the inner flap is not align properly? Need your advice!!

purse-nality

SemiKindCharmedLife
O.G.
Nov 7, 2007
#1 is normal. just use the felt that came w/ the bag to protect it. dent may get deeper, but i doubt it could tear the leather... well, so far, never heard it happened...

#2 was caused by the snap. unavoidable, bound to happen, since it is quite a pain to fasten it. t'was left undone, misaligned, w/ flap closed, hence the mark. i personally leave mine unsnapped too. though i make sure the snap lands on the "female" stud before closing, so no mark.

Last edited:

nighteyes

♥
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
^ITA, both normal on my lambskin flaps as well, though I store them with the felt and with the snap done to prevent further indentations.

nighteyes

♥
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
I've seen some caviar flaps with both dents on them as well. So I really wouldn't worry about those dents. IMO they are not defects.

Tartine

O.G.
Oct 19, 2008
I agree with the rest..they are rather normal and are unavoidable.
Congrats on your new purchase! :P

djrr

O.G.
May 5, 2008
both are normal, it's inevitable to have the dents if you wear them, esp. the dent from pic #1. but since it's on the interior, i think it's ok.

Jaded81

back on TPF!
O.G.
May 27, 2007
Yeap completely normal. Just make she the inner flap is closed and use the felt inbetween the inner and outer flap during storage to prevent the problem from getting worse.

burberryprncess

Sophie ^o^
O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Outer Space
Here's a food for thought. Whether one uses the felt between the inner and outer flap during storage, this is still inevitable because when one carries the medium flap, one is not going to carry the felt right?

purse-nality

SemiKindCharmedLife
O.G.
Nov 7, 2007
^ heehee... i thought of that too, sophie. but come to think of it, how many times do jumbo & m/l owners actually use their m/l? personally, mine spend MOST of their time in storage :amuse: