M.A.C Discontinues Select Foundation NC15 in USA

Amarante

Feb 4, 2008
As the make-up obsessed may be well aware, M.A.C has discontinued my beloved Select SPF foundation in NC15 in the states. I guess its only going to be available in Japan now from what my SA told me. This is not the first time M.A.C has discontinued my formula and I have a really hard time finding foundations that agree with my sensitive slightly oily skin and are moon glow pale enough for me. Fooey on M.A.C! I've been using their liquid Studio foundation in NC15 and like it a lot, but would maybe like an alternative that is a wee bit lighter for everyday and I'm not very found of any of M.A.C's other foundation formulas. I tried the Select NW15 just in case, and ended up with persperation that looked like orange sherbert. I am actually more like an NC10 (I am VERY pale) but that never existed to begin with.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a similar cool toned formula/color in another brand (i.e., another high performance medium matte coverage spf liquid foundation in a ridiculously pale cool toned shade)?

Thanks Glamour Girls!

NC15 is actually warm and NW15 is cool (it's the opposite with MAC than what it seems). Anyway, if you're interested in trying mineral makeup, Aromaleigh is known for making a ton of super light shades!

that's a bummer :sad: i'm actually not an nc15, but an nc20 so i'm only a step up. but who knows, i'm probably an nc15 during the winter lol. i've been using my new bare escentuals kit lately though so i havent really been using my mac foundation.

I am NC20 as well. MAC foundations have never agreed with my skin.

I have loved MUFE, which makes a great range of colors--I would think you would easily find a match w/ them. If you are interested in Mineral foundations, I have also used LM MMU, BE, & Every Day Minerals w/ good results.

I'm very fair too, but don't need a lot of coverage. I use MAC Sheer Tint (NW20) and then Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder (Fair) over it. I stay out of the sun as much as I can, and use spf when I can't, so I'm the same color all year, even in the desert!

I know that most people want name brand expensive makeup brands but I must say that Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation is very good, my skin never breaks out because of it and they come in fairly light tones. I had to use the tan one and I am more medium beige type skin. Good Luck!