Lyle Lyle, Crocodile! Erm, I mean 'Lindsey Lindsey Crocodile' *REVEAL*

AliMarie

O.G.
Nov 25, 2010
So I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Gray Croc Lindsey. Like, I put the SAs at my store on notice as soon as one of the TPFers scooped the style number. By some strange miracle, Ms. Gray Croc Lindsey happened to arrive 2 weeks after I started back at Coach as a seasonal employee. Score!!!

So the day before the new floorset, I was in the back room carefully pawing the new bags labeled "FLOORSET! DO NOT TOUCH!" (in all fairness, the gal doing the floorset gave me permission to paw a few bags). While I loved Gray Croc Lindsey, I wasn't completely floored by her. She is beautiful, but I think I wanted to be surprised somehow (does that even make sense?). However, Metallic Silver Lindsey had me wiping drool from my chin, likely because I love my large Silver Sophia so much that I would buy the whole world a large Silver Sophia if I could. The Teal Croc Lindsey was just stunning, but I didn't feel I had use for that much square footage in Teal Croc anything. Maybe a clutch or small crossbody, but a big satchel? Never.

So after weighing my options and trying to figure out which was more likely to sell out first- Gray Croc Lindsey or Metallic Leather Lindsey (soooo don't care if she's similar to Silver Sophia), I got my beloved Gray Croc and then clocked in for the evening.

Enter my last customer of the night. She was looking for a new bag for her birthday. She told me point blank that she does not carry black bags. I laughed and told her that a bag being black is actually a selling point for me. She said she needed something with a pop of color, and she all ready had the Persimmon Lindsey. So I showed her the Teal Croc Lindsey. She loved it, especially the color, but was unsure. I explained that me being the Princess of Darkness, I had just purchased the same bag but in Gray Croc. She looked at me and said, "Really? I think you should have gotten the Teal Lindsey. The color matches your eyes."

Remember "Empire Records", when Ethan Embry is watching GWAR after eating the 'special' brownies? I wanted to yell at this girl, "YOU LOVE COACH SO MUCH, YOU SHOULD COME WORK IN MY STORE!"

Wow. So my customer sold *ME* a bag. In all fairness, I sold her one too, but MEGA snaps for sealing the fate of a bag with one sentence.:lol:

So, here is an okay shot of my two new girls (shot with natural light from window just to give you an idea of how bright the teal can be; the gray is actually much darker):
picture.php

Gorgeous!!! Hilarious that the customer sold you on a handbag. My SA is trying to get me to buy the teal Lindsey. She thinks I need more of this color in my collection. I, however, am waiting for the teal woven Caroline coming out this spring.

Congrats on the beautiful new additions to your collection!

I saw the gray croc Lindsey at Bloomies a couple of weeks ago, and it is stunning. It looks like the teal is just as beautiful. Congrats on getting two great bags.

Argh!!! I want the grey croc Lindsey more than I can express!!! But I just can't afford to pay FP! Wah! I'm so scared I'll never find one at my outlet and will be stuck forever without it!

Thanks again!
I will add that my first impression is that the leather on these seems a bit smooshier than the Croc Embossed Sophia from last year. I mean, Sophia got smooshier as she got broken in, but these seem smooshy from the get-go, with the Gray definitely being softer than the Teal. Could be my imagination, and it could also be the way the fabric is cut on a larger bag.