Lying sellers

Love how this seller is stating dress is brand new without tags when she just bought used for $29.99 under her private buying id.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIANE-VON-F...5836?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&hash=item461572a5ec

Heres the same used dress she just bought or $29.99!!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIANE-vonFU...MnQlgsVn8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p20

How can you tell? I'm not questioning you, I'm genuinely curious. I'm not that great an ebay sleuth and I'm always amazed by how much digging one is able to do!

This seller is notorious for lying and cheating her buyers on ebay. She has over 6 private buying ids, so she can buy used clothing and then resell. Every item she sells on ebay she has bought used under her private buying id. This private id is: "Metsfan78". Nothing wrong with reselling, but lying is another wrong. You can look up anyone buying id on ebay. It's not hard to figure it out.

You can look up anyone buying id on ebay. It's not hard to figure it out.

Unfortunately, ebay has removed the transparency from feedback so you can't look up buyers and their history any more. (And the change also served to make feedback completely useless since we can't tell whether questionable feedback is warranted or if the buyer who left it is a PITA.)
Nothing wrong with reselling, but lying is another wrong. You can look up anyone buying id on ebay.
EXACTLY!!

If you look at the listing that was purchased, item specifics state: Condition: Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. And the description further describes it as: Condition: Gently Worn; Well Cared For

Yet, the new listing being sold by sfnative333 describes the item as "NWOT"in the subtitle, "New without tags" in item specifics and "New without tags" in the description.

^^^^ THIS is wrong and IMO very dishonest.

Anytime I see NWOT, I think "used" because that has been my experience shopping eBay. Heck, even NWT doesn't mean in pristine condition. I always ask if there are any scratches, snags, spots etc.
I bought a NWT bag that had wear on the corners. I love the bag, but it was new with defects. I kept it, and didn't ding the seller because that just seems to be the norm. I don't expect perfection when I shop eBay.

Anytime I see NWOT, I think "used" because that has been my experience shopping eBay.
And unfortunately, honest sellers of NWOT items are paying the price for the dishonesty of others when their listings are presumed to be lying when described as "NWOT."

I find items in stores and outlets where they do remove the tags before putting them on the sales floor. Although I'm mentioning Coach specifically, I know this statement applies to other retailers as well. Many Coach stores (boutique) and outlets remove tags from their charms and keychains, either because they don't want them resold as NWT or because they think they look nicer on display without the tags but those items are no less "new" than if they had their tags.

Many Coach wallets have tags that aren't attached and are merely inserted into a pocket inside the wallet. These tags fall out, get lost, get re-inserted into different style wallets, etc., but the wallets are still "new" and unused.

Although there are certainly dishonest sellers who sell used items as new as shown in this thread, there are honest sellers who do sell new items that are without tags. And there are even honest sellers who sell items of which they aren't the original owner and list the item as pre-owned and stating that it doesn't appear to have been used. (IMO, that's a very honest way of selling a seemingly unused item that hadn't been purchased directly from a store.)

And unfortunately, honest sellers of NWOT items are paying the price for the dishonesty of others when their listings are presumed to be lying when described as "NWOT."

I find items in stores and outlets where they do remove the tags before putting them on the sales floor. Although I'm mentioning Coach specifically, I know this statement applies to other retailers as well. Many Coach stores (boutique) and outlets remove tags from their charms and keychains, either because they don't want them resold as NWT or because they think they look nicer on display without the tags but those items are no less "new" than if they had their tags.

Many Coach wallets have tags that aren't attached and are merely inserted into a pocket inside the wallet. These tags fall out, get lost, get re-inserted into different style wallets, etc., but the wallets are still "new" and unused.

Although there are certainly dishonest sellers who sell used items as new as shown in this thread, there are honest sellers who do sell new items that are without tags. And there are even honest sellers who sell items of which they aren't the original owner and list the item as pre-owned and stating that it doesn't appear to have been used. (IMO, that's a very honest way of selling a seemingly unused item that hadn't been purchased directly from a store.)

All true.
I guess I've learned to lower my expectations when I shop eBay.I purchased a coach factory delete NWT, and just knew to expect a bag with some shelf wear. I don't ding stars because I know what to expect. If I'm happy with my purchase, I give perfect stars.

All true.
I guess I've learned to lower my expectations when I shop eBay.I purchased a coach factory delete NWT, and just knew to expect a bag with some shelf wear. I don't ding stars because I know what to expect. If I'm happy with my purchase, I give perfect stars.
buyers like you are awesome :smile:
I've had buyers ask for $50 refund for a dinged purse box, some people are just greedy :sad:

Anytime I see NWOT, I think "used" because that has been my experience shopping eBay. Heck, even NWT doesn't mean in pristine condition. I always ask if there are any scratches, snags, spots etc.
I bought a NWT bag that had wear on the corners. I love the bag, but it was new with defects. I kept it, and didn't ding the seller because that just seems to be the norm. I don't expect perfection when I shop eBay.

ITA. A lot of ebay sellers lie. Big lies, like guaranteed authentic when they know it is not, medium lies like new, never used when they know it has and little lies like this is the last one they have in stock when it is not. They lie because they can often get away with it and it raises the price they can ask.

I don't know what the percentage is but, based on my experience, it is more than half so I also have lowered my expectations to absorb the medium and little lies. Most of the time I am not disappointed.

OMG. Here's another lie. This seller just bought this dress used and now is selling it as Brand New without tags.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWOT-DIANE-...3165?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&hash=item46157310ad

Here;s the dress she bought and the auction clearly states the dress is used!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DVF-Diane-V...016&nma=true&si=QvwODhHaPaTnP%2BQK1MhMj0ZiHvg

She bought this dress under her buying id Metsfan78.
Thank you for posting this. I will certainly avoid seller sfnative333as well as adding metsfan78 to my BBL.

This is sooooo wrong!

OMG. Here's another lie. This seller just bought this dress used and now is selling it as Brand New without tags.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWOT-DIANE-...3165?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&hash=item46157310ad

Here;s the dress she bought and the auction clearly states the dress is used!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DVF-Diane-Von-Furstenberg-Jeanne-Silk-Jersey-Wrap-Dress-Black-Geometric-S-/281186998016?ViewItem=&item=281186998016&nma=true&si=QvwODhHaPaTnP%252BQK1MhMj0ZiHvg

She bought this dress under her buying id Metsfan78.
Strange. I haven't looked through her history as you seem to have done, but I did find something odd.

Is it possible that she purchased more than one of this same dress? Look at the following screenshots.

Although the pattern placement in both the purchase and the current listing look alike, there are some differences that raise questions.
** The purchase she made is missing the size tag and also has an ink mark.
** The current listing doesn't have an ink mark and does have a size tag.

Yet, the label with the style name and number are definitely from the same dress as the pattern and coloring on the seam into which the label is sewn is identical:

In my opinion, the reseller is not only describing used items as new but is altering labeling.

Strange. In my opinion, the reseller is not only describing used items as new but is altering labeling.

It's also possible that she is mixing photos of the item she has in hand, and the photos of other sellers' listings. We've all seen that little trick one too many times. And when the buyer receives it, the different tag is a small enough detail that they likely will not notice.

It's also possible that she is mixing photos of the item she has in hand, and the photos of other sellers' listings. We've all seen that little trick one too many times. And when the buyer receives it, the different tag is a small enough detail that they likely will not notice.
I'd say that's possible but if you look at both pictures of the tags, the pattern placements in the backgrounds are the same.

Either way, the seller isn't being honest.