LVs on display in store

i'm pretty sure i've bought some display pieces myself....like maybe a mono wallet and my agenda. the wallet was in like new condition, and the agenda was the only one left (and also in like new condition). i'd have to say that most of the bags i see are in sell-able condition, with the occassional, obvious display bags as well. my MIL also bought a display when it was the last one left. i always did wonder what happened to the patina's bags, though...getting them at a 45% dicount isn't bad at all!

I was once offered a bag that had patina for it was on display. It was the handbag popincourt, it was made in France and there is a difference with the handles between the ones made in France and those made in the U.S.A. and it was the only one they had made ion France. The reason I declined is because the SA told me that if a customer buys a display item with patina, it CANNOT be returned or exchanged after purchase. So there are restrictions that come along with buying display pieces.

my guess is that each Louis vuitton store is different, i used to work at the bebe store, and we did get commission and we did get 50 percent off of retail items. We were never allowed to sell items in the windows and had to wait until they were taken off the mannequins, and by then the clothes caught a lot of dust, a lot of customers asked for an additional discount because the item wasn't perfect, and we were allowed to give them only as much as 15 percent, but they were not allowed to return the item as it would be a final sale. When someone returns an item, our commission went bye bye
and not to mention it does hurt your associate rankings, if you are not up to selling standards, they do let you go from the company. When it all comes together, a final sale is a better sale so i am guessing that they are commission because they wouldn't be so strict on the patina'd returns.

I bought a speedy 30 that was a display item b/c it had a warm patina, then a few days later I had a change of heart and returned it for a new one with no problem, must depend on the SA!!!

I was once offered a bag that had patina for it was on display. It was the handbag popincourt, it was made in France and there is a difference with the handles between the ones made in France and those made in the U.S.A. and it was the only one they had made ion France. The reason I declined is because the SA told me that if a customer buys a display item with patina, it CANNOT be returned or exchanged after purchase. So there are restrictions that come along with buying display pieces.

the bags on displayed are rotated every couple of weeks. so that "fresh" one they pulled from the back was on display last month, and the newest one is currently on display

Mods encourage us to search before posting a new thread right? I'm guessing this is why this 3 Y.O. thread surfaced! LOL good thread tho right?

Very true, but if you go back and read when the last post was made, which in this case was March 08, then it picks back up from someone just commenting on their experience working at the BeBe store, not asking a question of any kind or looking for information. I just find it odd that it pops up out of no where. Oh well, like you said, it's an interesting thread no doubt.

Huh? Then I must have been working in the WRONG store! I used to work for Wet Seal back in college and their employee discount sucks! :evil:

I agree with you. I used to work at Abercrombie and would get 20% off and every few months 50% off of selected new items they wanted us to wear.