LV's New Purchase Enforcement

I only purchased 3 bags and a wallet, a strap, a cc holder and a mini pouchette from January 2016 and this is what I get after I recieved a phone call on Wednesday saying my P.Metis has arrived and then the next they told me I couldn't buy it due to new rules. I made a few returns due to faulty issues and unsuitable. This is absolutely absurd!
I believe there are plenty more people who purchased way more than me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
I was just in Paris three weeks ago and bought 6 items at the same LV store. They didn't mention any restrictions. I processed all VAT too and have already been refunded. I saved about 30% compared to here in Chicago!
You guys are making it really hard for me to only focus on buying my first LV bag (pretty sure it'll be a speedy b 25 DE) and not go crazy when I'm in Paris for one day in July [emoji6]
Below is a list of some LV items I've purchased over the past year in Europe and the USD cost (w/Local Sales Tax), actual Euro cost (after currency conversion to USD and w/VAT Refund), and the % off.

Go-14 PM: $4,579.50, 2747.25 e, 40% savings
Pallas Clutch: $1,171.50, 805.80 e, 32% savings
Key Cles: $213.00, 137.70 e, 37% savings
Mini Pochette: $330.15, 214.20 e, 36% savings
Pouch 15: $346.13, 223.57 e, 36% savings

I also used a card with zero foreign transaction fees and 1% cash back.

HTH

I only purchased 3 bags and a wallet, a strap, a cc holder and a mini pouchette from January 2016 and this is what I get after I recieved a phone call on Wednesday saying my P.Metis has arrived and then the next they told me I couldn't buy it due to new rules. I made a few returns due to faulty issues and unsuitable. This is absolutely absurd!

Thanks for sharing this text. Where did you purchase these items? Was it stuff you purchased abroad?
Also, did you return and exchange or return and get a refund?

This could be really helpful information for those of us who buy often.

What... are you in the US? I've never heard of this in France, Italy or Switzerland, but as their systems aren't linked, we could just make a little trip to avoid this policy. Weird.

Thanks for sharing this text. Where did you purchase these items? Was it stuff you purchased abroad?
Also, did you return and exchange or return and get a refund?

This could be really helpful information for those of us who buy often.
I bought all item in my home country. Some are return with immediate exchange, some are returns from online, some are returns due to faulty. Why am I the unlucky one?

I thought their systems are not linked as well but when I called into my local store to ask about hot stamping an item I purchased abroad, they told me to bring my receipt, otherwise, they had to look me up in their system. So they must have a way to look up purchases made in other countries?

Most retail businesses (especially ones that maintain customer purchase records) will have a returns policy in place.

I don't think your temporary hiatus is imposed due to the limited quantity rule, it's probably directly connected to your returns/exchange rate. It's to protect a business from deceitful customers (happens more often than we know of!) but I'm sorry you got caught up in this since it really doesn't sound like you purchased *that* much in 6 months.

Last edited:
Most retail businesses (especially ones that maintain customer purchase records) will have a returns policy in place.

I don't think your temporary hiatus is imposed due to the limited quantity rule, it's probably directly connected to your returns/exchange rate. It's to protect a business from deceitful customers (happens more often than we know of!) but I'm sorry you got caught up in this since it really doesn't sound like you purchased *that* much in 6 months.
I agree. I've heard of Chanel doing this to certain customers. And I think someone posted a few years ago that LV was banning them for excessive returns. I think this is a case by case situation.

That's scary and almost looks like one of their signature ban letters where they have banned people because of too many returns.

I would call corporate and question the authority of this "Isabelle"

I thought their systems are not linked as well but when I called into my local store to ask about hot stamping an item I purchased abroad, they told me to bring my receipt, otherwise, they had to look me up in their system. So they must have a way to look up purchases made in other countries?
You shouldn't need to provide proof of purchase for hot stamping because it's a free service. I've never been asked.