LVs in Toronto

Spadina / Yonge, Pacific Mall, hmmm ... but I guess it's just not as widespread as New York. Anyway, still torn ... I will keep you guys posted as to what I decide. Thanks so much! Keep the (nice and helpful) comments coming ...

There is no Canal Street but there is Pacific Mall with their share of replicas.

Toronto is a great city to be in. It is extremely multi-cultural and I find that people are accepting of all social backgrounds. No one will judge you on whether you have a Mono or Damier. I love NYC too as I go there frequently but Toronto is home :smile: Welcome!!

Thanks! Toronto is the one city I'm just as in love with as New York. Me and DH met in law school in NY, but he was born and bred in Etobicoke and always had intentions of going back. :heart: made me follow him and I'm so happy about my choice.

P-B.. first of all, welcome to Canada!!!
I tend to agree with most women that posted.. monogram is carried as much by younger women and older women, on Bloor and on Spadina. I personally love seeing an older, worn in speedy.. makes me wonder what kind of life it had! I don't think there is stigma attached to mono or damier.. it's all the same.
If your heart prefers monogram, then that's what I would get. I love my mono speedy and I wear it proudly!
Best of luck with your move!

First of all, congrats on the move and good luck! I'm from Toronto and although we don't have a Canal Street per se where tourists and others are completely bombarded with fakes, the city is still crawling with them. There are plenty of places such as Pacific Mall that sell fakes and thus I see a great deal of fakes on a daily basis. I absolutely LOVE mono canvas but due to the abundance of fake mono in particular, I decided on damier for my Speedy. Both are absolutely gorgeous in my opinion and as long as you know its authentic that should be all that matters :smile: Plus, you can also add a charm or pretty scarf to your Damier pieces to make them look more "feminine."

Thanks so much! You gals dispense very good advice and warm welcomes. Maybe I will meet some of you at the Toronto meet once it gets organized. I guess I really shouldn't care either way about which Speedy to get.

I was just in Toronto this weekend, and saw tons of mono- but only one damier azur (a speedy) and two or three damier pieces. (oh, and an atrocious mc fake, but I don't think that counts :P)

I was just in Toronto this weekend, and saw tons of mono- but only one damier azur (a speedy) and two or three damier pieces. (oh, and an atrocious mc fake, but I don't think that counts :P)

Okay, great; thanks for your observance. :tup: I decided to get two speedies -- a mono and a damier azur ( i like the damier in the azur color better than ebene ). Those fake mcs are the worst!!!

Welcome and Congrats on the move to Toronto, P-B! :smile:
I followed my heart also hehe, my DH is born and raised in Etobicoke as well, but I was born and raised out west. Hope you enjoy both your speedies...good choices! ;)

^^ Steeles Avenue E & Kennedy Road (Scarborough - although I guess officially it's part of Toronto now).
VERY asian.

Wow! so much conversation while i was trying to post this ... *embarassed* for my slow typing.
welcome ... and sounds like you made some great choices.