LVMH and Dior Combined by Arnault

Redenkeew

O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
North Pole
Well, I thought all this time that Christian Dior is fully owned by LVMH. I read the article early this morning and realized that LVMH only owns half of Dior brand and Parfums Christian Dior. So basically now they are buying up the other half of Christian Dior and Christian Dior Couture.

LVMH is a conglomerate that owns a ton of brands, including Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Sephora etc... This news shouldn't change anything in either of the fashion houses as each of them has their own managerial team with a unique direction for each of the brand. LVMH acquires brands all the time. It's interesting for us consumers to read about but it doesn't really affect us in the slightest.

BleuSaphir

Gimme Louis Vuitton!
Nov 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
www.instagram.com
Well, I thought all this time that Christian Dior is fully owned by LVMH. I read the article early this morning and realized that LVMH only owns half of Dior brand and Parfums Christian Dior. So basically now they are buying up the other half of Christian Dior and Christian Dior Couture.

LVMH is a conglomerate that owns a ton of brands, including Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Sephora etc... This news shouldn't change anything in either of the fashion houses as each of them has their own managerial team with a unique direction for each of the brand. LVMH acquires brands all the time. It's interesting for us consumers to read about but it doesn't really affect us in the slightest.
I thought the same about LVHM fully owning Dior too. :P

Jenergyup

Aug 9, 2015

Thanks for the insight!