Lv

jinjin1128

May 22, 2008
I am new to designer bags, initally, I was wondering why they are SO expensive. But I been looking at Louis vuitton website and saw the Hampstead PM in azur. It was love at first sight! :drool: But it's around $1000 dollars, :sweatdrop: that's 1/4 of my monthly income.
So, I want to ask bag lovers how you guys justify buying such an expensive bag??

We save up and buy what our hearts desire. We like the "finer things in life". Plus, LV is such good quality and will hold its value (actually... most likely gain in value) in the future. LV is just classic! A girl's gotta treat herself every now and then! ;)

I like LV because of quality and resale value. I know that if I ever absolutely have to sell a bag, I can get most of what I paid for it (if taken care of). I also like it because it's an old brand. Welcome to TPF and don't forget to post pics when you get your bag.

It's a luxury, plain and simple. There's no real justification for the high price even assuming they are using high quality materials and superb craftsmanship.
I justify my luxury purchases by working hard for my money, saving (& saving) for each major purchase and then LOVING my new luxury item! :smile:

It's a luxury, plain and simple. There's no real justification for the high price even assuming they are using high quality materials and superb craftsmanship.
I justify my luxury purchases by working hard for my money, saving (& saving) for each major purchase and then LOVING my new luxury item! :smile:

cheers to that! same here.

couldnt agree more :yahoo:, i used to save up and buy what i TDF :nuts:

We save up and buy what our hearts desire. We like the "finer things in life". Plus, LV is such good quality and will hold its value (actually... most likely gain in value) in the future. LV is just classic! A girl's gotta treat herself every now and then! ;)

Quality and value as other members have said! I personally can't afford the $1,000 bags, but there are many bags under $1,000 that satisfy my LV need. I used to buy several Burberrys, Dooneys, Kate Spades, etc. but then realized that they have changing styles so frequently that I kept wanting more and more of them! LV's styles lasts for years and years and don't change frequently, so my "want" for more bags aren't as bad anymore, because I can't afford the more pricey ones so I'm happy and satisfied with what I have (sorry if I'm rambling!) :tup:

I can not justify them except to say "They are beautiful,Make me feel like life is wonderful & If not now,when? If not me then who" Somebodies got to own them it might as well be us!:tender:

Everyone here is exactly right, saving! Instead of buying a bunch of only 'ok' handbags get 1 new LV. Or maybe just skip buying new clothes/shoes for a bit if it is really important to you. I am definitely more of a handbag person than clothes or shoes so it's easy to justify when I never spend money on these other items ;)

there really isn't a "good" justification for buying LVs. but, for me, i really like the styles and the quality. also i sometimes like the fact that i might have something no one has where i live ;)

but like a lot of members here, i work hard and save up for my LV habit.