Lv

My girls appreciate my love for bags but my Son & DH thinks it's crazy and my grown kids secretly wish I would not spend money on me but on them! My friends that are not in the forum act like OMG I can't believe you would spend that much on so many bags and my inlaws think I should not have one and that I am ripping off their brother or something even though he has only ever bought me 1 of my bags and we have been married for years-I say all of this becasue if I waited for other's to approve then I would probably never get to own even one LV. Overbearing people are controlling and I just do not let myself be influenced by their opins and if they gripe I don't try and justify-I just say something like "We each decide where to spend our discretionary $$$ and I like it that way"
Do what you like becasue when you are happy in life you can give back to those around you more abundantly!

Jinjin1128, I just clicked onto your hotlink and registered for ehow.com you are so beautiful and educated & talented! I am really excited to be able to learn more about photshop from your posts!
Thank you!!!

I feel it is hard work to save and budget for an LV bag (at least for me). My friends don't see it. They just think I buy one bag after another but for me I set my goal to get a certain fund. Achieve it than purchase. Hey...it takes planning too lol. It sounds crazy but there are many people who save for their hobbies too. The first purchase is difficult. Than, it gets easier and easier and the satisfaction of it all is the icing on that cake you will appreciate.

Thanks for your comment! :heart: I LOVE photoshop and I will keep writing articles about how to use it.

It's hard for me and my family to justify spending that much on handbags at this point. But I will keep working hard and one day I will have a really nice LV bag.

I feel the same. It really is a luxury and a treat for yourself. We work hard and life is tough....why not splurge on the person who should be most important in your life---yourself?!

Hope you get the bag and enjoy it! Once you smell and hold the bag in your hands....you will understand. It won't be your last...guaranteed.

It's a luxury, plain and simple. There's no real justification for the high price even assuming they are using high quality materials and superb craftsmanship.
I justify my luxury purchases by working hard for my money, saving (& saving) for each major purchase and then LOVING my new luxury item! :smile:

I have never been to the LV store. So, don't know how it looks in person. Well, I have seen other people carrying it and not up close.

So, if I do get a LV bag in the future (2009 or 2010 maybe), I will post it here b/c it's a good place for bag LOVERS! :tup:

It is expensive but the longer you hang around this place $1000 will not seem that bad. Almost normal if not cheap.

Agreed! I used to think $500 for something was rediculous!!! Now i think $1200 is on the cheap side! And I through those figures around like it's nothing and everyone stares and says, "Amber that's $1000!!!, it's not cheap."

honestly...i wait a long time and think long and hard about the bag that i want to buy. this lets me save up for the bag and truly decide if i need the bag and if it is functional for me.

after i am 100% sure...then i don't feel bad about the purchase or spending the money.

sometimes i even sell stuff to fund the bag. you would be surprised at how much stuff there is laying around your house that you can turn into cash :smile:

I save for a good amount of time and sometimes there's some peices at LV that don't catch my eye. Normally i get a new LV every year if not then a year an a half unless i see something somewhere else that absolutely want. :P