LV Zippers

I think they're just gold plated brass. And yeah with a LOT of use the color will lighten.

Thank you for your response LVbabylove...I was wondering that because my zippy wallet's top part of the zipper has lightened compared to the sides and the inside zipper...usually 100% brass won't do that. It still looks gold but lighter than the sides or the inside zipper...I guess that's normal then? I guess the same would happen to the purses...bummer...they should use 100% brass. I love gold...but I guess getting a zippy wallet with palladium (silver hardware) would be a better idea since you really work the zipper a lot. By any chance...is the zipper pull also plated?

Yep agree, take my porte-cles for example, some of the plating had come off the zipper pull and so parts look tarnished. But I don't mind, it makes it look used, adds character and kind of a vintage edge to it. If it gets really bad I may consider getting it replated

Yep agree, take my porte-cles for example, some of the plating had come off the zipper pull and so parts look tarnished. But I don't mind, it makes it look used, adds character and kind of a vintage edge to it. If it gets really bad I may consider getting it replated

Thank you guys...I am really bummed because I thought they were 100% brass and they were never gonna lighten. My zipper pull is still gold and bright but the top of the zipper (not the sides) has definetely lighten...probably from the constant opening and closing of the zipper and because that part is really exposed. They should use 100% brass zippers don't you think...I think that's what they put in some jeans? I guess the zippy wallet is prone to this.