LV - Why buying and then immediately reselling it?!

beautycase

- selling soul for bags
Mar 18, 2017
Hello :flowers:

Today I have a question to all of you. I saw some Metis and also Neonoe etc. bags from LV, like new or just wore one month and then the persons are reselling it.
I'm not sure what sense this has, so I wanted to know your opinion!
Why are people buying bags and then immediately reselling it, i don't get the point here!

Cant wait for your answers!

Today I have a question to all of you. I saw some Metis and also Neonoe etc. bags from LV, like new or just wore one month and then the persons are reselling it.
Why are people buying bags and then immediately reselling it, i don't get the point here!

I am one of those people!! I am a terrible impulse shopper and will buy bags that look pretty or are new to the season without really contemplating if I need it! Sometimes I like them, but most of the time they are just unecessary. If they havent been worn out of the house they will get returned but one pr two wearings mean they go on ebay or to fashionphile. :sad:

I am one of those people!! I am a terrible impulse shopper and will buy bags that look pretty or are new to the season without really contemplating if I need it! Sometimes I like them, but most of the time they are just unecessary. If they havent been worn out of the house they will get returned but one pr two wearings mean they go on ebay or to fashionphile. :sad:

I see so that's how it is! I am only buying things that are just everyday and seconds on my mind and after one or two months thinking I am buying it :angel:
But you could also return to LV if you think oh not it is not like i tought?:confused1:

If an item is hard to find then people do buy with the aim of reselling immediately for profit. This isn't as prolific as it used to be (think MC selling for double retail back in 2003) as (a) most buyers are more savvy, (b) ebay is now a nightmare for a seller and (c) LV is much more widely available online than it used to be.

Some people don't have an unlimited budget for LV so they may have to resell the bag they bought a month ago in order to fund some new release that has caught their eye.

Alternatively someone may have had a financial crisis and need to release funds.

There are a whole host of reasons really and it seems pointless to second guess a seller's reasons. If you find something you're interested in, confirm authenticity and purchase if you want it.

If an item is hard to find then people do buy with the aim of reselling immediately for profit. This isn't as prolific as it used to be (think MC selling for double retail back in 2003) as (a) most buyers are more savvy, (b) ebay is now a nightmare for a seller and (c) LV is much more widely available online than it used to be.

Some people don't have an unlimited budget for LV so they may have to resell the bag they bought a month ago in order to fund some new release that has caught their eye.

Alternatively someone may have had a financial crisis and need to release funds.

There are a whole host of reasons really and it seems pointless to second guess a seller's reasons. If you find something you're interested in, confirm authenticity and purchase if you want it.
Thank you for your answer! :flowers:
I just thought that maybe the quality isn't that good or something other! So I am a Little Bit afraid of getting the same item :annoyed:

I see so that's how it is! I am only buying things that are just everyday and seconds on my mind and after one or two months thinking I am buying it :angel:
But you could also return to LV if you think oh not it is not like i tought?:confused1:

You can only return within 2 weeks and in unworn condition, although some unscrupulous people do wear and return. Here in the UK you can't return for refund, you can only exchange or credit note so if you need your funds back then people may sell on.

Thank you for your answer! :flowers:
I just thought that maybe the quality isn't that good or something other! So I am a Little Bit afraid of getting the same item :annoyed:
The quality isn't as good as it used to be, that's for certain. But if you don't have any older items then you will not know any difference. Lots of my items are older and they are definitely of better quality than what LV produce today.

You can only return within 2 weeks and in unworn condition, although some unscrupulous people do wear and return. Here in the UK you can't return for refund, you can only exchange or credit note so if you need your funds back then people may sell on.
Thank you! Good to know! I am getting a Neo Noe so i am a little bit afraid what if it is not looking like I expected! I saw her @ the LV Store but in red and just one or two seconds :doh:

The quality isn't as good as it used to be, that's for certain. But if you don't have any older items then you will not know any difference. Lots of my items are older and they are definitely of better quality than what LV produce today.
The oldest item I own is from 2013 and still looking like new so :cool:
A friend of mine is working @ LV and she saw a pic from the Neo Noe and said "oh that quality is not looking good and just get the metis and forget another bags" that's what she said but I bought her since I love the pretty look :huh:

There is an easy way to make quick cash:
A pretty face / hot body takes his/her (much older and much wealthier) lover to the LV store and gets him or her to buy an item as a gift. Then, turn around and resell the item in order to pocket the cash. Oldest trick in the "sugar baby book." Even smarter, you do that with two different (much older and much wealthier) lovers, and you keep one of the two bags... so they see you wear your gift (although you sold one of them!).

Thank you! Good to know! I am getting a Neo Noe so i am a little bit afraid what if it is not looking like I expected! I saw her @ the LV Store but in red and just one or two seconds :doh:
I'd always advocate "playing" with a style in store if you can before committing to a purchase. What you might like the look of might not work on a practical level for you.

Reactions: beautycase
A pretty face / hot body takes his/her (much older and much wealthier) lover to the LV store and gets him or her to buy an item as a gift. Then, turn around and resell the item in order to pocket the cash. Oldest trick in the "sugar baby book." Even smarter, you do that with two different (much older and much wealthier) lovers, and you keep one of the two bags... so they see you wear your gift (although you sold one of them!).
Great answer!:biggrin::biggrin:
I think they might be some people out there who are doing this! :giggle:
My Boyfriend is totally against LV so I work hard to buy myself everything :love:

Reactions: Bichita
I asked the same question when I was fairly new to tPF (but in the general handbag forum).

People have given you some very likely answers. I very rarely do impulse which in some ways is good but it also means I can miss the boat on some things too.

Having seen more on tPF (reveals of HGs and then reports of returns/selling soon after, followed by another reveal) I think it may often be the hunt for something that doesn't exist = a perfect purchase to make us happy forever more and sort out all our mundane/deepest problems.

It also often seems to be an addiction to the thrill of the chase/new, maybe liking being treated like royalty in the store when buying and the thrill of being one of the few with the new bag 'X' but not having the lifestyle/funds to take part in that retail game (brands want us to do this). It can make people very unhappy in the long run.

Last edited:

I almost choked on my coffee Fabuleux - that's an interesting way to build an LV collection and perhaps a financial portfolio at the same time. Too funny!