LV White Multicolor Wear & Tear

ccmj

Jan 30, 2018
Hi,

I’m looking into purchasing a Murakami white multicolor piece and just wondering about the upkeep/wear and tear.

Murakami Owners:

Do you treat these pieces more delicately or do you get a lot of use out of them? How have they held up over the years? And what do you do to keep them in pristine condition?

Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_9023.jpg

I have the key coin pouch but haven't used it yet. I heard the white canvas do turn yellow over time and the color prints rub off. I have seen some pre-loved online and googled, they do look worn out. I guess with any SLG (wallet, key holder, etc) that will be most used will have more wear and tear.

Reactions: sg2leo and ccmj
I have the cosmetic pouch and insolite wallet in noir. When using these pieces and even storing, I make sure that they’re not rubbing against other things, because it is a screen print like the Christmas animation products, so prone to chipping. But the MC things are collectible and beautiful, but also keep in mind that they’re discontinued and can’t be repaired.

Reactions: ccmj
I bought a beautiful NOIR cosmetic bag from a seller on EBAY that was essentially new. She cited she was afraid to use it. REALLY! I use that thing and throw caution to the wind. It has held up beautifully. My advice is that life is short. What good is having something you are afraid to use. Good luck!

Love this! [emoji173]️

I have the cosmetic pouch and insolite wallet in noir. When using these pieces and even storing, I make sure that they’re not rubbing against other things, because it is a screen print like the Christmas animation products, so prone to chipping. But the MC things are collectible and beautiful, but also keep in mind that they’re discontinued and can’t be repaired.

Thank you for sharing. I figured they may not be able to repair the canvas part since it’s discontinued. Wondering if they can replace hardware if it’s an item that still being made...

Didn't know they don't repair items that are discontinued...that's a bummer! I've been looking at multicolored items as well but I wish I knew the retail prices of the items so I could compare whether they're overpriced or not on the preloved marketplaces..don't wanna get duped.

Thank you for sharing. I figured they may not be able to repair the canvas part since it’s discontinued. Wondering if they can replace hardware if it’s an item that still being made...[/QUOTE]
I'm sure that they could replace the hardware, but since the canvas is screen printed, then they wouldn't be able to repair it if starts to chip or wear out like any painted screen print item.

Reactions: ccmj
Didn't know they don't repair items that are discontinued...that's a bummer! I've been looking at multicolored items as well but I wish I knew the retail prices of the items so I could compare whether they're overpriced or not on the preloved marketplaces..don't wanna get duped.
LV does repair items that are discontinued, it's just that they don't repair canvas that has been screen printed, cracked, or color transfer on vernis.

I was worried about the white part yellowing over time so I ended up selling all my White MC and buying Black MC instead. I have a Black MC Sarah wallet, key pouch, and cosmetic pouch. All look great with no noticeable fading or chipping. I did keep two White MC bags though and they both have held up beautifully. I think if this wallet is not your everyday wallet, it should be okay.

Reactions: lovestarcat