LV, Watches (to go with my handbags)

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. [​IMG]
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of the LV Timepieces.
    I think the handbags and luggage are such great quality, and I am sure LV puts the same craftsmanship into watches.

I am in the market for a new watch and have decided to seriously consider LV. I particularly like this Speedy Automatic Chronograph.

Any comments about the watches?

2. Matt has a timepiece!!! :biggrin:

3. I don't know- I really like a few of the pieces, but for the $5.5k pricetag of the one you like I'd personally get one from Cartier or a low-level Rolex.

4. Yeah they´re just too expensive for me to even think about them.

5. I've never been a fan of Rolex timepieces... well I've never really been a fan of watches at all... but when I discovered LV and finally saw the watches were in my taste, I told myself "I gotta have one of those one day!!!" :P

6. with their very comparable pricepoints, i'd rather get another Cartier. but i'd probably get a regular Tambour just to add to the collection at some stage.

7. I think their watch are great looking but that's not their specialty. I rather get a rolex.

8. I agree that LV watches are quite pricey, but they do have them made by the same company that produces Zenith watches.:yes:

I only own one LV watch but it's back in Sgp now and I don't have a photo of it, but it looks like this, only mine's in a dark brown monogram embossed strap.

I got this when LV first launched, and I'm amazed that tis costs soooo much more now than what I paid for! :wtf: ;)

9. I agree that LV watches are quite pricey, but they do have them made by the same company that produces Zenith watches. :yes:

I only own one LV watch but it's back in Sgp now and I don't have a photo of it, but it looks like this, only mine's in a dark brown monogram embossed strap.

I got this when LV first launched, and I'm amazed that tis costs soooo much more now than what I paid for! :wtf:

p10754770_ph_hero.jpg
  10. Personally I am a Rolex fan,and at this price I would rather buy a Rolex to go along with LV.

Rolex + Louis Vuitton = PERFECT!

11. Oh, Londondolly, the pic of your Hermes that matches with azur band of the groom agenda is so chic and elegant... compliments.

Regarding LV watches... I have a passion for watches, I LOVE medium chrono Tambour... the big one is too big for my wrist but it is a quarz, automatics are better.
    But I consider LV watches as a wonderful accessoir, a jewel, that doesn't necessairly have the characteristics that I look for in a watch.
    I'm italian... I spoke in a corretct way? Is my though clear?:shame:
    Kisses!
    Stephanie.

12. I have 2 LV watches, the Tambour Lovely Pink (pictured in Londondolly's post) and the Tambour Bijou Noire. Never been a fan of Rolex or luxury watches, but I'm a huge LV fan and I love how those watches look...so why not? :shrugs: I hope to add another watch to my collection soon :yes:

13. I got this when I was in Paris a month ago~
    I LOVE it~

watch.JPG
  14. lalaa - the face on that is pretty.

Thanks for your help everyone!

So you know where I am at, I am thinking about: Cartier, Hermes, and LV.

Will post picture once I make my decision, with the watch on my wrist and an LV for the complete pic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice