LV warranty

lolalee

O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
Hi, I have a question regarding the Louis Vuitton warranty.

The case is, I bought a monogram shine shawl in Dubai about a week ago. After wearing the shawl for only two days VERY carefully it is ripped and damaged. By that I mean there are many loose threads and the shawl does not lay flat because of it.

The problem is that I live in Norway, so if I go to the store with the item and the receipt from Dubai does the warranty count in Norway too? I hope so, because I can't go back to Dubai again.

I hope anyone know the answer too this. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the warranty of accessories but since your shawl is only a week I hope it's still covered with the warranty. Yeah, bags are 1 year warranty. I'm hoping that they will change your shawl into a new one too... Goodluck! Are you a regular visitor of dubai?

There is no warranty. It's not on any printed paper, not on the website. There's just the discretion of the boutique. In the case of a shawl, it would be very difficult to make the case that your own wear wasn't the cause, vs. a defect. Fabric does snag.

Last edited:
There is no warranty. It's not on any printed paper, not on the website. There's just the discretion of the boutique. In the case of a shawl, it would be very difficult to make the case that your own wear wasn't the cause, vs. a defect. Fabric does snag.

Just a week after the purchase and only two days of wearing it I would not expect a scarf over 300 GBP to tear a part that easily. There isn't just snags, the threads are pulling the shawl so it won't lay down straight.

I am really disappointed by the quality, even my scarfs from H&M are of better quality then the one I got. At least I thought I should get a replacement..

Lv should have some goodwill to keep their customers, don't you think?

I'm not sure about the warranty of accessories but since your shawl is only a week I hope it's still covered with the warranty. Yeah, bags are 1 year warranty. I'm hoping that they will change your shawl into a new one too... Goodluck! Are you a regular visitor of dubai?

Thank you, I'm crossing my fingers that they will understand and own up for the price. The quality should definitely be better.

No, it was my first time there and I won't be going back soon :sad:

Here is a picture of what I mean:

25hjomw.jpg

I do NOT think this is acceptable after just 2 day of wearing it at home.

Unfortunately it is made of delicate fabric and I'd think they'd say that you've caused that damage and won't replace it. It's not LVs fault that you've caught it on something. I caught mines after a week, that was MY fault not LVs. I try to ensure I don't catch it but sometimes these things happen. I wouldn't dare take it back claiming it was faulty or not fit for purpose. It's a silk and wool fine weave scarf

Unfortunately it is made of delicate fabric and I'd think they'd say that you've caused that damage and won't replace it. It's not LVs fault that you've caught it on something. I caught mines after a week, that was MY fault not LVs. I try to ensure I don't catch it but sometimes these things happen. I wouldn't dare take it back claiming it was faulty or not fit for purpose. It's a silk and wool fine weave scarf

I did not cause this damage, I was quite careful when I wore it because I knew that the fabric was delicate. So again it does not add up for the price if it turns out like this just having it around my neck two times. After 1 month it would not look nice at all if the whole thing turns out like this.

I do not agree with you and I will make my case. If they value me as a customer I'm sure they will help.

I did not cause this damage, I was quite careful when I wore it because I knew that the fabric was delicate. So again it does not add up for the price if it turns out like this just having it around my neck two times. After 1 month it would not look nice at all if the whole thing turns out like this.

I do not agree with you and I will make my case. If they value me as a customer I'm sure they will help.

Intentional or not if the item was not like this when you bought it (nobody would purchase like this I hope) and has happened whilst wearing it then LV did not cause the damage and it's not faulty. It's clearly been caught on something. It's not torn apart as you have suggested.

You can only try but if they refuse to help which I suspect they might also keep in mind there is no 'warranty' with LV products so unless it's faulty of which this isn't I suspect then they don't have to do anything. I do hope however they help in someway.

I agree with this. It looks like it was caught on something. This can happen within minutes of wearing it. And the better the material the more delicate. If it was cheap synthetic and nylons then that will actually be more "durable". Everyone knows cashmere and silk catch on things easily. Careful does mean the inevitable won't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Here is a picture of what I mean:

I do NOT think this is acceptable after just 2 day of wearing it at home.

I know you're disappointed, but I think it may be possible for a skilled person to stretch it back out to make the snag disappear, more or less. LV may be willing to try doing that for you. Aside from that, you're on shaky ground to try insisting that the stole itself is defective. It was intact at first, and sadly it developed a snag from use. That is not on LV...I'm pretty sure.

For perspective, the LV Sprouse stoles of cashmere/silk, at a higher price point, snag and pull if you look at them, within seconds of use. And this is well known, and people buy and enjoy them--myself included.

Thanks for your input, but again I'm still gonna try. I found this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/lv-shawls-bad-rumors-bad-quality-or-not-429318.html

And this girl returned it after using it a couple of months, so I don't think its unfair of me to make a complaint. Btw, I have other "cheaper" scarfs of the same material and they have never snagged so easily...

And as you can see from that thread, the majority of the owners agree the delicate material/how it's put together causes snags easily and they accept that as part of the ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app