lv warranty

Sep 8, 2006
i just bought an lv bag but i didn't buy it at the lv store, can someone tell me is there life time warranty or something for lv bags? cux i notice alot of ppl say stuff like they went back to exchange or whatever, can i do that after like a month still?

Where did you get your bag from? I suppose the exchange policy would be different depending on the department store.

At the boutique the exchange policy is 30 days but your SA should be able to accept a return that's a few days late, no problem. I've even been allowed to make a return without receipt!

I was told that that the warranty for defects is 2 years.

if you didn't buy it at the store, you can't exchange it or return it there.. if you HAD bought it at the store, I believe you have 14 days. The warrenty is if the bag is damaged and you bring it in for repairs, but I believe if the damage was not a factory problem (I mean, if the damage was from regular use and such) Vuitton will charge for the repairs. The reason why Rasberry was able to make a return/exchange without a receipt is most likely because the SA's can actually look up your information in the database. Vuitton keeps track of all sales made in their boutiqes and I believe also in the rental spaces in department stores, i.e. Macy's, Neiman's, etc. If you had purchased from Eluxury, I believe you have 30 days for refund/exchange, but I believe ONLY through Elux.. someone please correct me if I'm wrong. HTH! :flowers:

i bought it at bloomingdales, nothing has happend yet, but i got the mini lin and everyone is saying htat is not coated so it can pill or rip easily, and i was thinking if somehow like a month or 2 later it begins showing 'ugly' signs, can i repair it? exchange it? how much does it cost usually?

I believe any type of pulling of the fabric would be considered a natural thing....and probably not fixable (as it is something normal the fabric will do).

ITA. But something that shouldn't happen, they will fix.

I was surprised when I was talking to my SA about the damier lining bleeding, she mentioned it had happened with some MC too....I said yeah, I can see it on my keepall pockets a bit, right away, she said, "bring it in, they would send it off for new pockets." I was surprised, I said, "but it's almost 3 years old!" She said, "doesn't matter....shouldn't happen, we will fix it"

Pilling and pulling of the fabric would be considered normal wear and tear. I don't think you'd be able to get an exchange/return for that one so if you're concerned with that, maybe do the exchange/return now?