LV Warranty Issue..... HELP!

pmptrading

Apr 17, 2008
Hello,
I have an issue with the inner linning on my wife's mabillion.... instead the small back section the lining has gone sticky....
IS THIS A WARRANTY ISSUE?

The bag in question is about 10 years old..... Would LV fix this for free?

Why has this happened?

Any advice?

Our Collection
Epi Pochette accessoires BlackBurberry HandbagCoach HandbagEpi Cluny BlackEpi Petit Randonne RedEpi Petite Noe BlueEpi Petite Noe YellowEpi Pochette clefs YellowEpi Pochette porte-monnaie credit YellowEpi Porte-billets cartes credit monnaie BlackEpi Sac d'epaule BlackEpi Yellow MabillonLV BaublesLV Keyring ExcellentLV Keyring PoorMongram Ellipse Back PackMongram Ellipse Hand BagMongram MonacueMongram NiceMongram Porte-billets cartes credit monnaieMonogram Multicles 4Monogram Pochette accessoiresMonogram SalsaMonogram Viva-cite GM

As far as I know, LV only provides a 2-year warranty on their handbags free of charge. However, if you bring it to a store, they will examine the bag and will repair it for you for a fee and the usual turn-around time for repair is 6-8 weeks. Good luck.

Yeah... it is wise with bags with that type of lining... to put tissue paper in it when storing... because the humid climate willl "melt" the lining... and virtually destroy the inside...

Do a search, there are others with your issue

Tackiness to the lining is caused by humidity especially in tropical countries. LV is aware of this and they will replace the whole lining for a nominal fee. They did a great job on my friend's bucket.

I think the fee to fix the lining would be anywhere up to $200, correct? Perhaps you can ask LV if they could put a cloth lining (as in the current Epi bags) for you?