LV wallet advice

Yes it has a little zipper pocket on the back.

I am going to compare the two today, and I also like the white much better. I will let you know which one I got!

I bought the white Multicolore Koala! I love it very much.

An hour after I bought it I opened up the packaging to look at it and was horrified to see the vachetta leather inside had a very noticeable SCRATCH and a faint line. Gasp! I took it right back and they gave me another one. They only had one left, too.

Probably my last LV purchase for six months! It's a good one.

Yay! I am going to photograph all my bags & wallets for the gallery this week.

I brought my best friend and she is very new to LV. She became very interested in the "checkerboard one." Heh!

Well it is my first day carrying my new wallet and I love it. It's the right size and has enough credit card slots and it's just so PRETTY. I think this board is the only place I know where people understand what I mean!

For those who have a LV wallet with vachetta leather, does it soften up fairly quickly? I have a feeling it will take a long time to patina since it won't be exposed to the light for long periods of time, but I do look forward to it softening at least.

Oh and one more question: where is the date code hidden on this wallet? I can't find it. Do wallets even have it?

jane said:
Well it is my first day carrying my new wallet and I love it. It's the right size and has enough credit card slots and it's just so PRETTY. I think this board is the only place I know where people understand what I mean!

For those who have a LV wallet with vachetta leather, does it soften up fairly quickly? I have a feeling it will take a long time to patina since it won't be exposed to the light for long periods of time, but I do look forward to it softening at least.

Oh and one more question: where is the date code hidden on this wallet? I can't find it. Do wallets even have it?

The interior of the Multicolor wallets do not have the same vachetta that is used on the trimmings of Vuitton's bags. For example, your Koala wallet does not have the same vachetta leather that is used for the trimmings of the Multicolor Alma bag. The interior of the Multicolor small leather goods is calf-skin. The big difference is that the bag's vachetta is NOT treated, therefore it deepens drastically over time. Your wallet's leather is treated, therefore it may darken, but not truly noticeably like Vuitton's "Natural Cowhide".

Here's a better example:

MCPT.jpg

The trimmings on the above MCPT is Vachetta aka "Natural Cowhide"; notice how dark the leather has gotten.

MCPT2.jpg

There is the interior of that same wallet. Although it did slightly darken, the results are not nearly as dramatic as the exterior's natural cowhide.

Hope that helped illustrate my previous point... :shame:

The Koala sure is pretty though!! ^_^

Ah. Thanks! I don't mind if it changes color or not, I just want it to loosen up a bit.

Today while waiting for my train I just looked at all the different colors on the wallet; there are 32, right? It's really something special.