LV vs. Leather? Are LV coated canvas bags worth the dough?

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
I have loved the LV mono since I saw it years ago.

But, I am debating should I get an all leather bag or an LV Mono?

I know the LV is NOT leather. I was surprised to find that out.

So what are your thoughts?

Is the price of an LV worth it for not leather? Should I just get a leather bag?

If you really want an LV, get the LV. To me, the coated canvas is worth it because I personally feel like it stands wear and tear much better than leather does. My LVs all look brand new after years.

Did you have a specific leather bag in mind that you are comparing the LV to?

Also, from your signature, I'll tell you that the Speedy and Neverfull are two of the most classic LV bags you can ever get.

I have loved the LV mono since I saw it years ago.

Is the price of an LV worth it for not leather? Should I just get a leather bag?

You are paying for the name not the materials that the bag is made out of otherwise they would be less than $100....

If you love them and can afford them go for it. If you want a more realistic price consider used....

Technically, the price is not literally worth the bag since they probably made it for half of what you paid for, if not less..but to me, the price is worth because I freaking love LV's!! Also, obviously, you are also paying for the name

I definitely think they're worth their price tags!

The coated canvas is durable and will hold up well if you take care of it. That's why some people have bags that are 15-20 years+ old, and they still look great.

Most LV's are classic as well, so you don't have to worry about it looking outdated.

Ahhhh that is good to know. I was looking at some Dooney leathers... and comparing them.. Just trying to decide. I am just worried about spending 800 plus on a bag and then having it fall apart.. I am contemplating purchasing my 1st LV soon. I am saving up. :smile:

They are totally worth it! The coated canvas wears like iron but is light as a feather. I always travel with an LV bag because of the comfort and the durability.

I carry my Neverfull everyday and it still looks beautiful. Don't have to worry about rain or snow or even the occasional seat it takes on the grass! If you look at Speedys on E-bay you will be surprised by how old some of them are and still looking great!

I really would like a Speedy 1st. Just when I see the price, I get nervous... Just wanted to make sure it id worth it. You know? All good thoughts.. thank you!

Coated canvas bags can be great. I don't have LV but I DO have a Gucci coated canvas that's 15 y/o and still perfect. I also have a new Orla Kiely, much cheaper but a great, tough bag! Go for the LV if you really like it, and ignore any critics!

I'm not a big fan of LV, but honestly, they are very durable. As to whether or not they are "worth" it, that's a personal opinion. Obviously, part of the price tag is the brand, but that's true for just about everything.