LV vs. Jimmy Choo vs. Tory Burch! Please help me decide!

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
I set aside money for the LV west minister tote. I only really have a coach poppy red patent tote right now (sold off or in the process of selling any tote i have). But then I saw the tory robinson tote go on sale and I grabbed that up. Its a classic black tote that reminds me of the chanel executive tote. And now I see the jimmy choo zodiac tote available at a sale price... I always wanted the bag when it came out 2 years ago? i think, but at teh regular price i didn't want to spend the money for a coated canvas bag. Now that its available, I'm wondering, should I just stick with the tory burch?

Should I return the tory and get the west minister?
I figure I can always get the westminister as a graduation present this may. I love the tory burch and think I could get some good use out of it, even thought my friend did not like it so much on me, but she has super funky taste whereas I stay with the classics. Should I get both the tory and the jimmy choo because they are both on sale and its my last chance to get them and then delay the west minister since I think I could survive without it for a couple of months? Or should I only get one new tote and look for other things. I should also add I am in the process of getting an LV vernis alma PM (hand held bag)

Thanks for your guidance!

LVoeletters said:
I set aside money for the LV west minister tote. I only really have a coach poppy red patent tote right now (sold off or in the process of selling any tote i have). But then I saw the tory robinson tote go on sale and I grabbed that up. Its a classic black tote that reminds me of the chanel executive tote. And now I see the jimmy choo zodiac tote available at a sale price... I always wanted the bag when it came out 2 years ago? i think, but at teh regular price i didn't want to spend the money for a coated canvas bag. Now that its available, I'm wondering, should I just stick with the tory burch?

Should I return the tory and get the west minister?
I figure I can always get the westminister as a graduation present this may. I love the tory burch and think I could get some good use out of it, even thought my friend did not like it so much on me, but she has super funky taste whereas I stay with the classics. Should I get both the tory and the jimmy choo because they are both on sale and its my last chance to get them and then delay the west minister since I think I could survive without it for a couple of months? Or should I only get one new tote and look for other things. I should also add I am in the process of getting an LV vernis alma PM (hand held bag)

Thanks for your guidance!

LV is the better investment & well made...always. Recognizable all over the world and held in great esteem.

My opinion is probably biased, as I am not an LV fan or a TB fan, but I love the Jimmy Choo. It is unique and pleasing to my eye. The TB just doesn't do much for me for the price. If I were going to get the LV, I would go the pre loved route.

Probably more importantly is how many totes do you need and why are you selling all your totes? Not that I think there is anything wrong with having multiple bags of similar style if you carry all them. But it is puzzling you say you are selling your totes and then are talking about buying multiple ones.

The decision should be based on what you love (does it make your heart skip a beat). The love will last longer than the thrill of a bargain. I don't see it as trendy but if it is, you have to ask yourself if you will still love it in 5 years. If the answer is yes, who cares if it is trendy.

You mention getting other styles. Are you craving other styles or is there a bag that you really need to fill a function--one that it is aggravating that you are lacking. If there is an aggravating hole in your bag collection, I would concentrate on that.

That said, I am an opportunist bag buyer. There are many bags I want and it doesn't matter to me what order I get them in, so if there is something hard to get and one is available, that would be where I would start.

My opinion is probably biased, as I am not an LV fan or a TB fan, but I love the Jimmy Choo. It is unique and pleasing to my eye. The TB just doesn't do much for me for the price. If I were going to get the LV, I would go the pre loved route.

Probably more importantly is how many totes do you need and why are you selling all your totes? Not that I think there is anything wrong with having multiple bags of similar style if you carry all them. But it is puzzling you say you are selling your totes and then are talking about buying multiple ones.

The decision should be based on what you love (does it make your heart skip a beat). The love will last longer than the thrill of a bargain. I don't see it as trendy but if it is, you have to ask yourself if you will still love it in 5 years. If the answer is yes, who cares if it is trendy.

You mention getting other styles. Are you craving other styles or is there a bag that you really need to fill a function--one that it is aggravating that you are lacking. If there is an aggravating hole in your bag collection, I would concentrate on that.

That said, I am an opportunist bag buyer. There are many bags I want and it doesn't matter to me what order I get them in, so if there is something hard to get and one is available, that would be where I would start.

I'm not sure what you mean... I have some old totes that I don't use nor have used for years from mj, coach, louis, etc. that i was selling, and was going to start fresh. I've seen quite a few people do that on this site. I don't like keeping things that I know I won't use. As for function, I will be heading to grad school etc. so I'd like bags that could handle school stuff and handle work stuff and easily transition. I have made/in the process of making 2 purchases at LV this year, both hand held. Idk if that should affect my decision to look else where? or to stick with LV? I want to build a timeless collection so I won't have to go through the process I am currently going through to sell all these bags! I want to make smart decisions but since I am in my 20s, I don't everything to be too mature for my taste. Thank you!

Out of the three the TB is my favourite. Go with what you love if you really want the LV then I feel you should pass on the TB as you don't truly like it/want it.

I'm not sure what you mean... I have some old totes that I don't use nor have used for years from mj, coach, louis, etc. that i was selling, and was going to start fresh.!

I think this makes the point that it is important to get what you love and will use, not what is a bargain or what someone else thinks you should get. You don't want to be in the position of selling these bags in a few years because you are not using them.

The Jimmy Choo shows as not available. Regardless, it's not timeless in look, that's for sure.

The Tory Burch is pretty and simple, and much lower in price. I don't think it has much value long term, that is, if you sell you will get very little from it, in case that matters to you. I've also read about problems in quality.

The LV is the best of the group, in terms of timeless design, will hold far more of its value, and quality. But it sounds like you're a little tired of LV. Is that right? Maybe look at some other designers too?

I think the choo bag looks like something you would buy at one of those teeny bop mall stores..sorry! It just looks...erm. yeah.

I think the tory burch is a great looking bag. If you can keep it and still get the LV for graduation then I think you should do that. If you have to pick and only keep one...Go for the LV. Its what you originaly saved for, and will always be in style and may not be leather but will hold up just as good if not better!

It's all a bit confusing for me 'cos you sound like you would get more than one and are really asking which you should get first (?)

As you suggested yourself, why not get the TB now while it's on sale and then the LV later (since its usually available anyway :yes: