Lv virgin needs help deciding on my first bag, please!

twin-fun

O.G.
Mar 27, 2006
I think I'm ready to take the plunge into LV territory but would really, really appreciate some guidance! I am typically the big, slouchy bag kinda woman. I tend to favor somewhat unstructured satchels and preferably two-handled hobos with either minimal or gold toned hardware. The bigger the bag the better! I have Balenciaga Motorcycle bag from Fall '01, a MbMJ Totally Turnlock satchel in black, and a big Miu Miu tote in a nude pebbled vaccheta that I constantly rotate. I also have to say that I'm really tough on my bags so I would like to acquire a used bag to start with. My reasoning being that I won't feel quite so bad about throwing the bag around...lol! So which bag would you seasoned LV lovers suggest I look for to get my feet wet?
Thank you so much in advance!

The first bag that came to my mind was a Neverfull MM or GM bag for you or else maybe a Delightful MM/GM bag? although that one has 1 handle but it's slouchy hobo like to me but I have it in the PM size :smile:

Sounds like you need a Speedy 35! They are wonderful! The damier ebene print will take the most abuse, but since it's your first LV a monogram speedy would be nice too (and you can always get the handles replaced)...

In response to buying preloved - my biggest suggestion is don't. I understand not wanting to feel as bad about not babying your handbags, but there are sooooo many fakes on eBay that you'd be taking a huge risk without getting much of a discount. You may save 10% by buying preowned, so I'd recommend just buying directly from LV.

Good luck!

If you want a bag you don't have to baby, get a bag in the Damier Ebene canvas. You wont have to worry about vachetta. As for big/slouchy, the MM or GM size would be best. :smile: I recommend the Neverfull.

Neverfull GM or Delightful GM

If you prefer a handheld, Speedy 40 is a great bag and if you prefer a strap, Speedy B 40 is available

I am a big bag girl too and all of these are great bags!

Used is always a good way to go :smile: I've only taken my new LV baby out once, but my used Burberry Westcott I got on ebay I take out all the time. It gets more love than my LV for now.

Maybe try a speedy? or an Alma?

Neverfull MM or GM. The MM is big..the GM is huge but still very nice and looks smaller when cinched. The damier ebene is the lowest maintanence but the mono is a class first LV. Good luck!

My first LV was a Damier Ebene Speedy and I've never regretted it. It's a great first bag that will always be in style. And the Damier Ebene won't show wear like the mono will. Good luck deciding!

Neverfull GM, Delightful GM, Galliera GM, Mahina L/XL or Artsy...I think that any one of these would be perfect for you, having read what your preferences are. They're all big, unstructured shoulder-bags, and they're all great. I understand your desire to go with pre-loved first since you know that you're hard on your bags. Just be careful where you buy them...I suggest staying away from eBay.