LV Virgin Freaking Out - Help!

Sep 1, 2008
Hi I'm new to this forum - I'm usually over on Mulberry but recently decided to buy my first LV bag.

After doing some research (on here, lot's of great threads to look at) and with some birthday money to spend I finally decided on a Neverfull mono MM and an Odeon PM.

I wanted the whole LV experiance so rather then buy from Selfridges I decided to go to the Bond Street store.
It was fairly busy and I had to wait about 10 minutes for a sales assistant.
The SA who served me was very nice and I tried on a few bags and decided on the Neverfull and Odeon.
The SA took me over to the cashdesk where I paid for my bags and then another SA came from out the back, and handed me over two carrier bags with the two bags already inside.
I had a quick check to make sure they were the right ones and carried on with my day. I thought it was wierd that they don't show you the bag you are buying before you pay but as I have never bought in LV before I just assumed that's the way they deal with it.

Once home I took the bags out to admire them and that's when I saw the problems. The Odeon was fine, perfect but the Neverfull was not fine.
Firstly there was a small scratch on the main body of the bag.
Then I noticed that the leather on the inside rim has small marks on it.
On the bottom of the handles, the large leather circle also has tiny black marks on it (like a pin tip size). The overall colour of the leather on the bag is darker then the leather on the Odeon, which is white. It look's to me like it may have been a previous returned bag.
So now I am freaking out........ I don't live in London where I bought the bag from, and the CS line is closed. On Sunday I tried to call but the line was not open until this Morning. You can't call an individual store here you can only call customer services.

So I called them this morning and spoke to someone. He listened but was in no way sympathetic or apologetic. He told me that he would email the Bond Street store and that somebody would call me to discuss how to resolve the situation. He also told me that It might take them 2 days to get back to me! He also told me that he would like to think that the store would do the right thing and exchange the bag but that I would need to speak to them.
This weekend I've read lot's of threads on here about how LV won't accept responsibility for a damaged bag and claim not to sell them in this condition.
I feel so sick that they won't exchange the bag I bought, for an undamaged one, and am now waiting nervously for the call from them.

Has anyone been in this situation before and had a happy outcome, how should I handle this? As I am a new shopper with LV they may not care about me at all. :sad:

I had a problem with my 'first' Damier Ebene 30, I just brought the bag into the store and it was replaced without drama.

Be sure to take some pictures of the bag as it is BRAND NEW so should not show any signs of wear and tear! I am sure they will sort it out, especially as you bought 2 bags and are a good customer ;)

On your receipt you have a 14 day exchange policy. Go back to the store and demand an exchange. Over the phone is not personal but face to face is. You paid a lot of money for your bag, so it should be perfect. Best thing comfront them in person ...good luck

]On your receipt you have a 14 day exchange policy. Go back to the store and demand an exchange.[/B] Over the phone is not personal but face to face is. You paid a lot of money for your bag, so it should be perfect. Best thing comfront them in person ...good luck

i wouldn't even wait for a return phone call but just go up there for the exchange.

I would go there ASAP as like others have said they may say you used it i have never had a problem with my items normally you pay then they bring you items over to the seating area where you can then check over your purhases.
Sorry this happend to you on your first Louis Vuitton experience i hope it gets resolved quickly for you

Hi,
Thanks for your replys......... I would go to the store but it's about 1 1/2 hours on the Train from where I live and as I have children including a toddler (who I would never take into a store) I haven't been able to go to the store yet. I have a medical on Thursday for my Australian visa and need to go to London anyway so will take it back then. At least if they try to accuse me of using it, I can say that I reported the problem to CS on the Monday.
Hopefully it will be fine and i'm worrying for nothing - still no call back though

On your receipt you have a 14 day exchange policy. Go back to the store and demand an exchange. Over the phone is not personal but face to face is. You paid a lot of money for your bag, so it should be perfect. Best thing comfront them in person ...good luck

That is true. You should be able to exchange it without any problems. Don't worry.

So sorry you had to go thru this for your first LV experience. I undrstand an LV store may not be that close but i feel the longer you wait to get into a store it will be more of a hassle. For one they are going to feel the bag has been used already and you dont wanna wait to long and run out of the time frame you have to return/exchange. Going forward its always good to triple inspect your items before leaving the LV store. I always do

So sorry you had to go thru this for your first LV experience. I undrstand an LV store may not be that close but i feel the longer you wait to get into a store it will be more of a hassle. For one they are going to feel the bag has been used already and you dont wanna wait to long and run out of the time frame you have to return/exchange. Going forward its always good to triple inspect your items before leaving the LV store. I always do

Thanks, I think I have learnt the hard way this time!
I thought it was strange that they didn't bring the bags out ot me until after I had paid.... I thought that maybe this is the LV way. I felt too embaressed to then pull the bags out in the store and start inspecting them, now I realise that's exactly what I should have done. I was so happy to finally get my bags that I just didn't think.

I'm so sorry OP! :hugs: LV just does not have stellar service in my opinion. Still doesn't keep me from buying though. Next time, be sure to inspect the item thoroughly. I would agree that you got a returned Neverfull. Or at least one that was on display. Next time, you can also specify that you do not want a display item :nogood:

If they won't accept the return, go forward through your credit card company like you are planning. Overall, I think you have a wonderful plan of action set. The main thing now is getting into a store asap.

Good luck and keep us posted! :flowers:

So sorry you had to go through this on your first purchase!! Like most of the people here answered best to bring it in asap. I remember going in the first time to buy my speedy but the lady quickly pulled it out for me first to inspect it. I think it's terrible they didn't even do that for you. Hope everything works out!!