LV VIC Purchase Nomination

Jan 17, 2013
Can someone please explain this to me? I’m a VIC and was nominated to purchase items from the By The Pool collection. I paid a deposit. My CA is being very vague as to if I’ll actually get the items or not. It seems from some info I have found that LV can just be like “nah sorry, you can’t have it.” I’ve never dealt with this before and I’m wondering if someone who has been through this process can shed some light? I appreciate it.

If you don't mind me asking, which country are you from, and what item are you interested in getting?

I'm in the US, and I'm pretty sure only non-canvas bags + accessories were allowed to be pre-ordered. All canvas bags and slgs, at least at my store, are waitlist/first come, first serve. My store doesn't do nominations unless corporate tells them to for that collection.

I pre-ordered an empreinte By the Pool piece, and I got it. Pre-orders themselves aren't a guarantee "you will get one," despite a full deposit. I missed the nomination/order window for a collection last year, but I was able to get the item I wanted just by stalking store stock. Don't be discouraged if you don't get picked, since there's still hope.

If you don't mind me asking, which country are you from, and what item are you interested in getting?

I'm in the US, and I'm pretty sure only non-canvas bags + accessories were allowed to be pre-ordered. All canvas bags and slgs, at least at my store, are waitlist/first come, first serve. My store doesn't do nominations unless corporate tells them to for that collection.

I pre-ordered an empreinte By the Pool piece, and I got it. Pre-orders themselves aren't a guarantee "you will get one," despite a full deposit. I missed the nomination/order window for a collection last year, but I was able to get the item I wanted just by stalking store stock. Don't be discouraged if you don't get picked, since there's still hope.
Thank you!
I’m in the US as well and it’s for the BTP Neverfull in Brume and BTP Kirigami.
So would you advise if I’ve put in my deposit to not necessarily request a refund right away if I wasn’t picked?

Thank you!
I’m in the US as well and it’s for the BTP Neverfull in Brume and BTP Kirigami.
So would you advise if I’ve put in my deposit to not necessarily request a refund right away if I wasn’t picked?
I would talk to your CA. My store doesn't really want to "hold" people's money, unless someone has said they're ok with letting it sit as credit on their account, like if someone just made a return and they are anticipating a launch they're interested in within the next week or so.

I don't really do deposits, and when I do, I've been lucky to get my items within a week of launch. Don't know the process if you don't get picked. To my understanding though, you could possibly divert it as an actual order/backorder instead, and it could get fulfilled that way.

If LV doesn't have your CC info on file, having that credit with them would be the fastest way to make the purchase. No need to contact you for your CC info. If you're busy and that item is in demand, it can be gone within minutes.

Reactions: Hatfield1313
What happened was they were originally told by corporate they could preorder the items so my CA sent me an invoice and I paid it. When management went in first thing the next morning to place the preorders the system had changed and they were told they couldn’t. So they converted my payment to store credit. My CA has offered to refund it and then just recharge it when the items come in. He says he’s 99% sure I’ll get my items and that he has the store manager and whoever is above her keeping their eyes peeled. So you can see why I’m kinda teeter tottering on what to do.

What happened was they were originally told by corporate they could preorder the items so my CA sent me an invoice and I paid it. When management went in first thing the next morning to place the preorders the system had changed and they were told they couldn’t. So they converted my payment to store credit. My CA has offered to refund it and then just recharge it when the items come in. He says he’s 99% sure I’ll get my items and that he has the store manager and whoever is above her keeping their eyes peeled. So you can see why I’m kinda teeter tottering on what to do.
If you buy from LV often, I would let the credit sit. You'll probably find something else you'll end up liking soon. If you don't, then I would ask for a refund.

You could also ask where you are on the waitlist for your store. If there are other people after you, ask what their policy is on holding a waitlisted item. Do they wait for a confirmation, or automatically pass it on after 24 hrs? That might give you a better idea on if you want to let it sit as credit, or have it as a refund.

Reactions: Hatfield1313