LV Vernis Color Fading

Musickal1

Jan 1, 2011
I am considering buying a pre-loved LV Vernis (I think it is a Papillon style). I thought it was a lovely mint green color, but the owner said to look closely, as the color used to be light blue and it has faded to green. I may still get the bag, but now I wonder...will it keep changing color? is there any way to preserve it? Do all the colors in Vernis do this?
Thanks for any responses?

I have actually seen this same style bag in the same colour and with the same issue! Although I don't know if it'll be the same one as I saw it some time ago and live in the UK. I was worried that although it looked green in the pictures, there would in fact be some areas that still showed different tinges and hints of colour. I have seen some that start to turn a yellowy green with more exposure to the sun. I think I might steer clear :/

I am considering buying a pre-loved LV Vernis (I think it is a Papillon style). I thought it was a lovely mint green color, but the owner said to look closely, as the color used to be light blue and it has faded to green. I may still get the bag, but now I wonder...will it keep changing color? is there any way to preserve it? Do all the colors in Vernis do this?
Thanks for any responses?

Sounds like it was a baby blue, or maybe lavender, bedford. There was also a peppermint bedford.

You won't be able to restore it but it shouldn't get any worse unless you keep it in prolonged sunlight.

The older colours of vernis did change colour/fade depending on storage. That said, I have some vernis from the same era and have had no colour change because they've not been stored in sunlight or left in cars in the sun etc.