LV Vat out of Florence FLR Airport anyone?

tippyknu

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Does anyone have experience purchasing LV and obtaining their VAT refund out of Florence, Italy (FLR airport)? I've had seamless experiences out of CDG and Heathrow but overall am finding on various threads that airports in Italy may be more confusing so would love anyone's personal experience with this particular location. If you can share your experience or have advice on what I'll need (the item, VAT papers from LV/receipt...?) and where the customs area is, this would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance!!

tippyknu

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Just wanted to share information if anyone ends up flying out of Florence as I had last month. Made several purchases over 140 euros at each location (I *think* that is the minimum in order to be eligible for a VAT refund but you should ask the store to be certain). I requested the VAT/customs paperwork from each store and filled it out right on the spot and put the receipt with the form. I didn't need my passport with me at these shops, however, in the past stores like LV have required it so probably better to bring it on the day you plan on making big purchases! Make sure you leave the shop with the customs form and receipt!

Upon entering Florence Airport (Peretola), if you have the vat paperwork that comes w/ the blue envelope you go up the escalator and across the way from the check in areas for Swiss, Iberia, etc. you'll see a row of 3-4 window booths. The one in the middle is for customs. You show them your paperwork and then you have to get in line at the window to the right for them to check your receipt (they will ask if you have your purchases with you, and maybe also to see them as well). Then that's it! However, if your paperwork comes in a yellow/red envelope this belongs to a different company and the counter for this is located on the ground level (facing the entrance of the airport it's towards the right hand side). The airport is tiny though so you won't get lost :smile: