LV Vachetta bag???

i don't have any solo shots of it but here is an old group shot with some of her LV bags:

MamaLVGroup.jpg

deluxeduck:

Forgot to mention that you mom takes very good care of her LV bags!!! My mom is great but she is always spilling things on herself and doesn't really take care of her purses or her jewelery - just throws them around, so I would never buy her an LV! She was holding my LV while in my car and tried to put it down on the floor mat and I almost had a heart attack!!!

THANKS! my mum uses her bags quite nonchalantly. but she still gives it due respect as she does with everything. although her VVN Alma isn't perfect. if i did a better and clearer photo a few PF members might have a fit if they saw it :P we actually seasoned the bag with extra virgin olive oil as soon as we got home. mum doesn't like pale vachetta and it is better than have dirt settle first which would turn out kinda yellow-grey if left to pantina by itself instead of that rich orangey tan it has now. same thing with her Speedy 30 handles and trim.

THANKS! my mum uses her bags quite nonchalantly. but she still gives it due respect as she does with everything. although her VVN Alma isn't perfect. if i did a better and clearer photo a few PF members might have a fit if they saw it :P we actually seasoned the bag with extra virgin olive oil as soon as we got home. mum doesn't like pale vachetta and it is better than have dirt settle first which would turn out kinda yellow-grey if left to pantina by itself instead of that rich orangey tan it has now. same thing with her Speedy 30 handles and trim.

That's really interesting about the extra virgin olive oil. Did you just pour the olive oil on a clean cloth and just start wiping the Vachetta Alma with it? Just curious how you did the "seasoning"..... (And the Alma looks good to me!!!!)

That's really interesting about the extra virgin olive oil. Did you just pour the olive oil on a clean cloth and just start wiping the Vachetta Alma with it? Just curious how you did the "seasoning"..... (And the Alma looks good to me!!!!)

i put a minute amount of oil on my hands and carefully massage the leather. the oil kinda makes the leather slightly waxy water just rolls off it. only use the best extra virgin oil you can find/afford and apply very sparingly at first, just enough to make your hands moist. you can always build up the darkness little by little if you like. although i wouldn't recommend novices to do this on their bags. i am not to be blamed for any mishap. ;)

i put a minute amount of oil on my hands and carefully massage the leather. the oil kinda makes the leather slightly waxy water just rolls off it. only use the best extra virgin oil you can find/afford and apply very sparingly at first, just enough to make your hands moist. you can always build up the darkness little by little if you like. although i wouldn't recommend novices to do this on their bags. i am not to be blamed for any mishap. ;)
OH! Good warning! I'm very interested in doing that to my new speedy handles/trim. But, novice is my middle name.

Thanks for the info!!!! I probably won't try it because I would probably mess up my bag and then I would be :sad: , but it's an interesting thought!