LV Twist MM vs. YSL College Medium... can't decide

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Twist MM or College Medium

This poll will close on Jul 25, 2019 at 8:12 PM.
  1. LV Twist

79.4%
  2. YSL College

20.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Looking for a good daily-rotation medium-sized bag. Tired of the slouchy-ness of my Chloe Marcie satchel (but it fits quite a bit). While I think the Saint Laurent College medium is a sensible alternative that will go with everything (in black) and has an important feature - that little slit pocket on the back to store a phone, my heart keeps calling me back to the LV Twist MM in the special edition black with removable leather strap (can be lengthened for crossbody and adjusted for shoulder). I'm concerned that it is small, and it offers no easy access to the phone, you always have to twist/untwist. I keep coming back to the Twist though!
    Thoughts? TIA
    IMG_3091.jpg IMG_1270.JPG

atlsweetpea11 likes this.
  2. I absolutely love the Twist, but find it difficult to use if you go in your bag a lot. What about a pochette metis in empreinte?

3. Thanks! I did check out the Pochette Metis too! It didn't spark the same love as the Twist ;) I liked it, but it just didn't have the same sparkle.

4. Definitely partial to the twist here. I absolutely love mine. It is small, though. But just so gorgeous- it’s worth downsizing and untwisting when needed. On a side note, I have an Apple watch to get texts etc., so I don’t need to access my phone as often as I once did.

5. That's true, I do have an Apple watch as well. As you can tell, I'm partial to the Twist! I've tried it a few times, and can't cross it off my list, despite it smaller size and lack of back pocket.

6. I prefer the look of the twist, many times over.

GiInTheOc likes this.
  7. 100% the twist and I love ysl. The twist is just too good. GL deciding!

GiInTheOc likes this.
  8. YSL is crap. My vote goes to the Twist.

9. That twist is gorgeous. YSL is ordinary looking. Go with your heart!

GiInTheOc likes this.
  10. I appreciate the honesty! I think I like the Twist because it stands out. It’s a whole lot of logo in the black though, no?

11. I think the YSL is a bit dated looking. If you are already loving the Twist then I think you can get use to it's quirks.
    Can you just keep the flap down without closing the clasp or does it have to be twisted? I'm not sure how the twist compares to the Pochette Metis, but I tend to not push the clasp down all the time when I'm out and about running errands because it can be a pain to close it all the way. I just keep the flap down for easy access when I have to get in and out of my bag constantly.
    I like the versatility of the twist's removable and adjustable straps. It just looks like a cool bag!

12. Twist all the way! It has a lot of versatility. Can be carried top handle, shoulder, or cross-body. Love the pop of orange on the black bag!

13. To be honest, I would remove the red leather charm. Too much logo for me. Otherwise, the Twist is perfect.

ultravisitor and BULL like this.
  14. I feel like LV is always the go to here. I love seeing everyone branch out. Where I live, the most common designer bag is LV so I gravitate against it. I've purchased a few YSLs in the past couple years and I absolutely love them. They wear well and are beautiful. My vote is clearly YSL.

Miss World, AleeLee and GiInTheOc like this.
  15. I’d like to know this too! Can any twist owners answer this? Many thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice