LV treats people like garbage, horrid customer service

Prettybags11

Dec 1, 2018
I am officially done with LV. I ordered the Pm size of a bag, when it arrived realized I needed the mm size. Called and was told The mm size was available at a store about an hour away. Arrived at the store waited in line for 45 minutes . Upon checking in while waiting in line, the associate also confirmed the bag was in stock. Upon going to in the store the associate could not find the bag. When I told her what I was told and how far I had travelled and waited all she acknowledged the bag showed in stock and said was well this is an inventory issue, this is a highly coveted item. Her whole tone was condescending. No sorry, no offer of assistance to find the bag or call me if it came back in stock.. nothing. She said that if I wanted the item I could drive to the next store another 45 minutes away which also showed stock. Why would I continue driving around the city and standing in lines like an idiot if their inventory is unreliable? I even asked for an apology and she still wouldn’t do anything just kept repeating about the inventory. I even called customer service to speak to a manager, however after waiting for a manager 45 minutes I finally hung up. I would not ever spend that much money at a store that treated me so poorly.

I am officially done with LV. I ordered the Pm size of a bag, when it arrived realized I needed the mm size. Called and was told The mm size was available at a store about an hour away. Arrived at the store waited in line for 45 minutes . Upon checking in while waiting in line, the associate also confirmed the bag was in stock. Upon going to in the store the associate could not find the bag. When I told her what I was told and how far I had travelled and waited all she acknowledged the bag showed in stock and said was well this is an inventory issue, this is a highly coveted item. No sorry, no offer of assistance to find the bag or call me if it came back in stock.. nothing. She said that if I wanted the item I could drive to the next store another 45 minutes away which also showed stock. Why would I continue driving around the city and standing in lines like an idiot if their inventory is unreliable? I even asked for an apology and she still wouldn’t do anything just kept repeating about the inventory. I even called customer service to speak to a manager, however after waiting for a manager 45 minutes I finally hung up. I would not ever spend that much money at a store that treated me so poorly.

That's a lot of 45 minutes.

Which bag are you looking for in the mm size?

Generally, if you want someone to do something, request them to. If you want the CA at the store to put in an order for you, ask if they are able to. It’s possible the item was out of stock at the warehouse, so that’s why the option was never offered. If you wanted the CA to reach out to you if it arrived in their store, you could exchange numbers with the CA. The CA could have contacted the other store, but from my experience, stores either don’t respond immediately to other stores, or they don’t want to give up their stock. It’s possible that the store you were at is familiar with the other store’s policy already.

CAs, like the rest of us, are not mind readers. If you want them to do something, ask politely. If the experience isn’t pleasant both ways, that CA won’t be jumping at the opportunity to help you in the future.

Also, asking people for an apology usually never ends well. You can come across as difficult and entitled. Yes, there are instances where an apology should be given, but it’s better to just walk away than to try and get it out of someone.

I’m so sorry this happened to you. I don’t ever trust what’s shown in inventory because a lot of the time the item is already on hold for a client, especially the hard to find items. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of having a great CA to avoid these situations. They’ll locate and put items on hold for you, and exchanges aren’t a problem. I hope you get your issue resolved.

Not surprising tbh. My experience at LV has always either been lackluster or a bit rude. :rolleyes: Last time I walked into the store was in 2020 and that was only to pick up an item for a friend.

But to play devil's advocate, she may not have apologized because, within her role, she probably thought it was not her fault nor her responsibility to make sure than inventory is correctly stocked. Her job as a SA is to sell what is at her location, and that's pretty much it.
As a representative of the brand and on behalf of the company, she should probably apologize because it was inconvenient to you, but tbh, she most likely doesn't love or care about the brand that much to do so. To her it's just a retail job.

I am officially done with LV. I ordered the Pm size of a bag, when it arrived realized I needed the mm size. Called and was told The mm size was available at a store about an hour away. Arrived at the store waited in line for 45 minutes . Upon checking in while waiting in line, the associate also confirmed the bag was in stock. Upon going to in the store the associate could not find the bag. When I told her what I was told and how far I had travelled and waited all she acknowledged the bag showed in stock and said was well this is an inventory issue, this is a highly coveted item. Her whole tone was condescending. No sorry, no offer of assistance to find the bag or call me if it came back in stock.. nothing. She said that if I wanted the item I could drive to the next store another 45 minutes away which also showed stock. Why would I continue driving around the city and standing in lines like an idiot if their inventory is unreliable? I even asked for an apology and she still wouldn’t do anything just kept repeating about the inventory. I even called customer service to speak to a manager, however after waiting for a manager 45 minutes I finally hung up. I would not ever spend that much money at a store that treated me so poorly.

Very frustrating! Were you at least able to return the PM size at that store?