LV to Chanel to Hermes and back-have you?

KimTX

O.G.
Mar 19, 2013
Hi! I went berserk for LV a few years ago, and amassed a collection of about 30-40 items. Then, I dipped my toe into Chanel and Hermes. I wanted those bags so badly, I started selling my LV to afford them. No regrets whatsoever on my Chanel (a WOC, and two Medallions) and my Hermes (Garden party, Picotin, Evelyne, a twilly, and 2 Ulysses), but I'm at a point where to get anymore Hermes and Chanel, I would have to save for months and months and more months b/c I've bought the stuff I can reasonably afford. Meaning a classic flap at $5,000 or a Lindy at $7,000 is out of my comfort/patience zone .

I have all these bags, and guess what I've carried all week? My beat up speedy 30 DA! :P I have cheated on LV, but it's calling me back for a booty call! :roflmfao: I want to drunk dial my Pochette Metis that I gave up!!!!!

Anyone else take this hand bag tour and then decide that they missed LV? I only have the speedy and a vintage epi Noe. I want more!

Hi! I went berserk for LV a few years ago, and amassed a collection of about 30-40 items. Then, I dipped my toe into Chanel and Hermes. I wanted those bags so badly, I started selling my LV to afford them. No regrets whatsoever on my Chanel (a WOC, and two Medallions) and my Hermes (Garden party, Picotin, Evelyne, a twilly, and 2 Ulysses), but I'm at a point where to get anymore Hermes and Chanel, I would have to save for months and months and more months b/c I've bought the stuff I can reasonably afford. Meaning a classic flap at $5,000 or a Lindy at $7,000 is out of my comfort/patience zone .

I have all these bags, and guess what I've carried all week? My beat up speedy 30 DA! :P I have cheated on LV, but it's calling me back for a booty call! :roflmfao: I want to drunk dial my Pochette Metis that I gave up!!!!!

Anyone else take this hand bag tour and then decide that they missed LV? I only have the speedy and a vintage epi Noe. I want more!

I love how you phrased that LOL. I think its perfectly normal! I like to switch through my bags but always go back to LV. I would at some point in the future get a chanel flap just because they are beautiful, but I get more use out of my LV's (right now). Ain't nothing wrong with a lil LV Booty call or drunk text ;)

No, not yet...but this is SO funny. :roflmfao: Hope you can find a way to add the LV you've missed and still save for the other brands you love.

I have only gone from Lv to Chanel. I had 12 lv then sold a few to purchase CHanel ( I have 2 chanel bag) but I seem to grab just the LV> THe Chanel are stunning, hanging in my closet! I love to try them on in front of the mirror but when it comes down to it I always grab the LV. I haven't purchased a Hermes. They are so beautiful but if I were to buy one I would feel I had to sell all my bags:sad:

very funny the way you phrased it...I am the same way, I was an avid LV collector for a year straight and amassed 20+items then I went into Chanel and never looked back at Louis.. I have 5 Chanel bags (2 gsts black and beige, jumbo black flap bag, m/l python flap, and reissue so black) but I find myself always reaching for the LV...maybe its the comfort thing they are very easy to use, and the fact that I know they are a lot less cheaper than chanel I gravitate towards them thinking if anything were to happen to them I can replace them easier than my chanel.

I love how you phrased that LOL. I think its perfectly normal! I like to switch through my bags but always go back to LV. I would at some point in the future get a chanel flap just because they are beautiful, but I get more use out of my LV's (right now). Ain't nothing wrong with a lil LV Booty call or drunk text ;)
Funny! :roflmfao:
I'm currently content with LV. I am just lusting/debating on my one Chanel I want. I can't decide between Lambskin or Caviar I am seriously losing sleep! I need help!
I think LV is just so durable and there is one for any occasion that is why people mostly reach for that.. at least that's the reason for me. But my life is incomplete without this Chanel! :drool:

Soooo funny! I'm just venturing into LV (from buying Coach and Kate Spade for years), so I can't comment on the even higher-end bags. I think I'd have to sell an organ to get a Chanel or Hermes!

Funny! :roflmfao:
I'm currently content with LV. I am just lusting/debating on my one Chanel I want. I can't decide between Lambskin or Caviar I am seriously losing sleep! I need help!
I think LV is just so durable and there is one for any occasion that is why people mostly reach for that.. at least that's the reason for me. But my life is incomplete without this Chanel! :drool:

If you like the fact that LV is durable I suggest that you get caviar. I bought my first chanel 1,5 years ago. I debated between caviar and lamb. Lamb looked nicer but caviar was more durable. I bought caviar and have no regrets what so ever. It has been a perfect jumbo!

To this topic, I had perhaps 10-15 LV and sold almost them all to get another brands. Now that I have the other bags, I am lusting back to LV. Speedy 35 b... and I thought I was over "logo bags".... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If you like the fact that LV is durable I suggest that you get caviar. I bought my first chanel 1,5 years ago. I debated between caviar and lamb. Lamb looked nicer but caviar was more durable. I bought caviar and have no regrets what so ever. It has been a perfect jumbo!

To this topic, I had perhaps 10-15 LV and sold almost them all to get another brands. Now that I have the other bags, I am lusting back to LV. Speedy 35 b... and I thought I was over "logo bags".... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oo I know I thought about the Caviar being more "durable" as well but then the other part of me is like I already have tons of "durable" bags I need one that is different and one I'll la la love! Well I'm sure I'd love both! Do you have it in the jumbo size? Ahh that is my other dilemma! Medium double flap or jumbo! I need help!

Oo I know I thought about the Caviar being more "durable" as well but then the other part of me is like I already have tons of "durable" bags I need one that is different and one I'll la la love! Well I'm sure I'd love both! Do you have it in the jumbo size? Ahh that is my other dilemma! Medium double flap or jumbo! I need help!

Yes I have the jumbo, it is actually in my profile picture.
I have liked the size a lot. Because I knew that I wasn´t able to buy another sizes in classic flaps soon I wanted something that can be used day and night.
It is a great evening / dinner bag, but it goes perfectly also during the day (if shopping etc and want to dress well).
Afterwards I have bought a navy caviar extra mini too, that is now my cute small evening bag, but always when I need a little more to take with me the jumbo has been perfect. I recommend it if you are buying only one bag and want it to be classic.

Yes I have the jumbo, it is actually in my profile picture.
I have liked the size a lot. Because I knew that I wasn´t able to buy another sizes in classic flaps soon I wanted something that can be used day and night.
It is a great evening / dinner bag, but it goes perfectly also during the day (if shopping etc and want to dress well).
Afterwards I have bought a navy caviar extra mini too, that is now my cute small evening bag, but always when I need a little more to take with me the jumbo has been perfect. I recommend it if you are buying only one bag and want it to be classic.

Aww thanks! Yes I only "planned" on purchasing just one. So right now you're telling me to lean towards jumbo in caviar, correct? I'll have to take a look at it now! I've been watching reviews on the medium lambskin! Haha I only wanted one and want to make sure it's perfect!
I was worried about it being too large for evening wear if we went to dinner and the bar after or something. Still a good size without getting in everyone's way? Thank you! :kiss:

Aww thanks! Yes I only "planned" on purchasing just one. So right now you're telling me to lean towards jumbo in caviar, correct? I'll have to take a look at it now! I've been watching reviews on the medium lambskin! Haha I only wanted one and want to make sure it's perfect!
I was worried about it being too large for evening wear if we went to dinner and the bar after or something. Still a good size without getting in everyone's way? Thank you! :kiss:

Yes definitely. I can post some mod pics but I am on a holiday now and will be back at home next week. I am small-sized myself and never felt that as a big bag. I use in the evenings my black EE alma bb or jumbo. If you want only an evening bag, M could be the perfect one. I wanted mine to be something that can be used daily and everywhere. As I said, never have I regretted this purchase :graucho::graucho: