LV, the beginning or the end???

1. I don't know about anyone else, but LV was the beginning for me!!! I started with LV in college, and it was the beginning of a revolution lol....I mean you can't have a beautiful bag and not care about having other nice things, not to sound materialistic, b/c I'm not, I'm talking a quality over quantity thing, I'd rather have a few nice things that a ton of junk, but as you get older and can afford more.....So I just like all my things nice and if I can't afford the nicer version of anything I wait until I can, cars, clothes, shoes, furniture, appliances....I mean they don't have to be the abosolute top of the line/most expensive, but good solid quality stuff, not junk, ANYWAY, I thank LV for all of this! LOL, they were the start of what made me want nice things in life! How about you?

2. LV is a beginning for me. Before I started buying LV, I used to look at Gucci and Burberry websites and wonder what I would buy first... But now that I started with LV, I don't wanna buy any other brand because I feel like I'm betraying LV. :sad:

3. LV is the beginning for me.. a few years ago, i couldnt care less about handbags.. i didn't 'understand' (lol!) and now, i'm browsing this forum everyday!!! i did make a few prchases at Gucci, but right now I'm only interested in LV.. haven't really forayed into the other lines yet....

4. That is kid of what I feel too although I love Dior vintage pieces (they weren't vintage when I bought them :wtf: ). I like Gucci and Prada as well but the fact that they go on sale always makes me wonder if I should wait to get them only to find out that the one I am loooking for is not available at the stores. :shrugs:

5. Yes, quality over quantity! I saved a bit longer so I could get nicer kitchen appliances. The wait was worth it. I realized that replacing cheap junk every few years is actually MORE expensive that buying a few expensive things that are made to last. Some things are not about status at all but quality!

6. For me, LV was the beginning of a life-long love affair and the end to having extra money!

7. Yeah... I forgot to include that. LV NEVER goes on sale which is one thing I love. :wlae:

8. ITA!

9. Exactly! some of my friends just don't get it, I mean I have a nice, reasonably sized home for two people, it doesn't call for a sub zero and viking appliances (though I love them) but some people thought I was crazy for buying an expensive bosch dishwasher and the front load washer drier when they first came out (little do they realize I have bags that cost similar $$) but when they have to rinse their dishes off before they run the dishwasher I'm cracking up b/c I don't have to do that!

10. Me too! I won't buy anything else @ full price, well, maybe one of the classic style chanel bags, but even then you never know....a color could get discontinued and go on sale.......

11. I have the feeling that LV is just the beginning. To continue the household appliances metaphor, I've always enjoyed nice things, but before LV I never would have considered spending as much on a beautiful handbag as I did on my refrigerator. Now...it's entirely different!

I have also fallen in love with the Fendi Spy, but still can't quite justify the cost.

12. LV was the first designer bag I got also!

and I have moved along I think and would like to move further :smile:

13. My first handbag addiction was Coach...which I was perfectly fine with until I ran out of available items that I liked. So my husband did the worst thing imaginable and bought me an LV! (he still complains to this day that he should have never done it :roflmfao: ) And now of course I am in love with the brand. :love: My taste in other things have gone up as well. Although I am still rockin the flip flops. It is true that paying more money upfront will save money in the end. Quality items hold up longer.

14. Oh, flip flops are wonderful, I would live in them if it didn't get cold were I live in the winter!

15. LV is def just the beginning for me...even though I'm a poor college student, It makes me feel good to invest in high quality items (ones that I can keep for ages and pass on to my future daughter)...i.e. LV handbags...hehe. Why not indulge in the finer things in life every once in awhile!? I agree with you Lola24 =)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice