LV "tanning"

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. do any of you ladies do this? i left a keepall by a window and just a part of it got slightly "tanned"! heee now i'm wondering if there are effective tanning/darkening methods for the leather? :biggrin: :biggrin: i feel so silly!

2. like in the previous thread, i use extra virgin olive oil. massage minute amounts on the leather and morning-sun it for an hour. remembering to turn it around after a few minutes so it's all even.

3. yes I did it with a vip speedy vachetta keychain, a friend of mine did it for her monogram speedy. Now it's a bit darker but it will get less dirt.

4. Yup, I "tan" my LV, especially the new Mono pieces right from LV.

5. This fascinates me. I personally prefer the look of a brand-new bag. Not that I dislike the way my Speedy looks now...just like the new look better. So I find it interesting that some people deliberately speed the process up!

6. I like tanning mine, I love the honey colour and it sort've makes the dirt on my Speedy less obvious.
    I don't like the brand new bag colour because it's so delicate and I'm scared to touch it incase I dirty it. And plus people give me funny looks like I'm carrying a fake :sad:..but it's all good now :smile:

7. I thought my sister and I were the only ones who did this to our LV's.
    We put sun tanning lotion on the straps and lay them out in the sun. He-He

8. ^^ how funny! i love the look whatever the color! heee I just like hiding teh schmutz more! heeee

9. I actually prefer a light-medium honey to that pale color that comes with new vachetta as well.
    I tanned my Petit Noe when I first got it. Now I just let my bags age naturally.

10. I just use it regularly and it's tanning faster than I thought it would.

11. I tan my bags. I tanned my cabas piano for a month before I would use it. I love the wonderful honey color--it makes the bags look so much more classic somehow.

12. I am getting my cabas piano next week. How did you go about tanning it?

13. I tan my bags =D..I leave them by the window,and I let the vachetta part tan...(I cover the non vachetta part with a towel..

14. I treated it with Appleguarde conditioner, which made it just a little darker. Since then, I've been putting it in the sun a little at a time.

I think that you'll love your cabas piano!

15. haha. this is such a cute thread. never knew that bags could go tanning too. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice