LV Sunnies Problems:(

Aug 17, 2008
I need some opinions. Here's my story:

Two years ago my husband and I purchased a pair of LV sunnies each as a anniversary treat at the Houston Galleria store (we live two hours away).
Being new to LV we were tickled pink with our purchases and went home happy as can be. After a few days while cleaning my husbands sunglasses I noticed that the top frame had a bent on the left eye side. I thought it was unfortunate but didn't think anything was a HUGE problem bcz the fit felt fine and it wasn't noticeable to anyone else. Forward a couple months of gentle wear, (always kept in case) the lens on the bent side began to pop out occasionally. Maybe one out of the ten times it was worn. Very annoying after a while.
So it finally got to the point where we needed to send them in for a repair because the lens would not stay in for even a car ride down the street. 8 weeks later, I am informed that the repair center could not fix them because of the bent frame and they cannot replace them because the style is no longer made, 'sorry, have a nice day' is basically what I got.
The store is telling me that theres nothing else they can do but mail them back to me and they suggest that I take them to an optical place for repair. If an optical place can repair them, why can't LV? That doesn't make sense to me.
These were $700 glasses okay... not chump change... so I'm having a hard time accepting that they refuse to help me.
So I ask; Am I being unreasonable by expecting LV to help me out with this issue??? Should I just chunk $700 in the trash and call it day? Can't they give me partial credit toward another style or exchange for another pair of equal or even lesser value?

what would you do?

The question is: what can you do? The repair centre claims they can't be fixed, the store won't help either.
This is a total no go but I'm experiencing very bad things with their customer service and therefore believe that there's hardly anything you can do.
I'm with you and totally understand your disappointment but you can try to call customer service and complain or ask for advice.
Good luck to you. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

The question is: what can you do? The repair centre claims they can't be fixed, the store won't help either.
This is a total no go but I'm experiencing very bad things with their customer service and therefore believe that there's hardly anything you can do.
I'm with you and totally understand your disappointment but you can try to call customer service and complain or ask for advice.
Good luck to you. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I spoke at length with the accessories manager and just simply would not take no for an answer. I believe that if the style was still being produced then the item would be replaced no problem. I feel as though they should give me partial credit towards another pair or let me swap them out for a pair of the same or lesser value. Something should be done here. I am very disappointed that they are just washing their hands of this problem.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I spoke at length with the accessories manager and just simply would not take no for an answer. I believe that if the style was still being produced then the item would be replaced no problem. I feel as though they should give me partial credit towards another pair or let me swap them out for a pair of the same or lesser value. Something should be done here. I am very disappointed that they are just washing their hands of this problem.

I would have taking them right back.
You could have even mailed them in if you didn't want to drive the two hours.
Sorry there not helping you. I would be bummed too.

This is horrible. And wrong. Can you try a different LV? Are they saying its because they are two years old? This is one I think they should help with.

I guess at this point I would try to see if an optical store could fix them. I always try to buy sunnies at Nordstrom for this reason.

I'm so sorry this happened to you !