LV story worth sharing

Ah, I just remember something. My aunt was complaining to me the other day that everytime she orders something on line, 80% of the time she wouldn't get her packages. She suspects her gardener is stealing her stuff! :lol:

Melissa71 said:
I work construction, as does my husband. I'd have to say the people I work with have very high morals, and wouldn't steal. Stereotypes aren't very accurate. It took quite a bit of effort to even get accepted into the apprenticeship. I find that my profession is very respectable, I'm a little disappointed to find out that people feel that way.

That was insensitive and immature of me. I apologize.

I'm glad your aunt got everything sorted out and while it does seem to be part FedEx/Elux fault, your aunt played a role too. She could've had Elux call Fedex and have the package held at her local FedEx or she could've just not ordered it at all and waited till she came back, but waiting can be a pain sometimes. =/

Ah well, all is good. happy valentines day!

Irissy said:
Dang that sucks!! Glad that she got a refund. I know FedEx and UPS sometimes will let anyone in the house or near the house sign packages. Sometimes I wonder how my cousin (who just happens to be there visiting me that day) can sign my package too!! They don't ask for ID at all.

Yeah, I think it's the FedEx guy's fault ( and that jerk who took it :evil: ) because when you go to the FedEx to pickup a package you have to show them your ID.

clanalois said:
That was insensitive and immature of me. I apologize.

Thankyou Andrea, I appreciate that a lot. I'm sorry if I sounded thin-skinned.

I'm glad the story ended well, it would crush me to have my package stolen...especially if there was a beautiful purse inside.

mello_yello_jen said:
I'm glad your aunt got everything sorted out and while it does seem to be part FedEx/Elux fault, your aunt played a role too. She could've had Elux call Fedex and have the package held at her local FedEx or she could've just not ordered it at all and waited till she came back, but waiting can be a pain sometimes. =/

Ah well, all is good. happy valentines day!

If you order directly from LV via telephone, they'll only send to the billing address, so holding it at the local fed ex place isn't even an option :sad: .

Melissa71 said:
I work construction, as does my husband. I'd have to say the people I work with have very high morals, and wouldn't steal. Stereotypes aren't very accurate. It took quite a bit of effort to even get accepted into the apprenticeship. I find that my profession is very respectable, I'm a little disappointed to find out that people feel that way.

I just wanted to let you know that I do not have a negative opinion of construction workers! Just because he was the guy that signed means nothing to me! If it wasnt for your profession I would not have the house of my dreams.... it could have been the damn gardner...who knows. Plus I have received some of the best whistles from construction workers!! The guys that are working on our house are some of the most decent, kind hearted men ever! No steorotype here....only love.

Melissa71 said:
I was about to say the same thing. My husband has worked construction, as have some family members and friends.

Making sweeping generalizations of construction workers as disreputable or dishonorable simply because of their occupation is out of line - as well as baffling.