LV store can't authenticate my bag ???

LadyD21

Oct 2, 2015
Anyone ever been told by an SA they can only tell you the cost of repairing a bag and are not allowed to authenticate LV bags? I told the lady I had bought it online and would like to know if it was a fake and that is the answer she gave me. So she repeated the same thing, they aren't allowed to authenticate, only give out the cost to repair the bag.

Is that a new policy? I thought many of you have gotten a LV bag authenticate at a LV store.

Anyone ever been told by an SA they can only tell you the cost of repairing a bag and are not allowed to authenticate LV bags? I told the lady I had bought it online and would like to know if it was a fake and that is the answer she gave me. So she repeated the same thing, they aren't allowed to authenticate, only give out the cost to repair the bag.

Is that a new policy? I thought many of you have gotten a LV bag authenticate at a LV store.

I don't think it's a new policy, it really isn't part of their job to authenticate items. There have been posts about members being able to get it authenticated there but I think they know their SA or the store. You can use a professional authenticating service for a small fee or post in the authenticate this LV thread here if you have an auction or sales link.

just wondering, if they will repair a bag would that mean that it is authentic? i ask because i have always heard that they will not repair a bag unless it is authentic. maybe someone can chime in with more accurate info here.

just wondering, if they will repair a bag would that mean that it is authentic? i ask because i have always heard that they will not repair a bag unless it is authentic. maybe someone can chime in with more accurate info here.

Yes, if the bag is sent for repair, then it is judged authentic. However, I have seen bags returned from the factory because they were thought authentic by the store but the factory declared them counterfeits.

Correct. Louis Vuitton staff will not provide an authentification of a bag. If you have a good relationship with your SA, they might give you a non-official authentification. It's been like this for at least 20 years.

I don't think it's a new policy, it really isn't part of their job to authenticate items. There have been posts about members being able to get it authenticated there but I think they know their SA or the store. You can use a professional authenticating service for a small fee or post in the authenticate this LV thread here if you have an auction or sales link.
ok, thank you!

Yes, if the bag is sent for repair, then it is judged authentic. However, I have seen bags returned from the factory because they were thought authentic by the store but the factory declared them counterfeits.
thanks for filling in the blanks. i am not surprised by this as i think it would be optimistic to expect each sa to be able to tell for sure if a bag is authentic.

This is true !!!!!! Fabuleux hit the nail on the head . My SA had told me once that a woman came in with a speedy she got from ebay and wanted a part fixed ( dont remember which part ) Anyway , My SA said it looked authentic to her and a few other SA's so they sent the bag . Low and behold it came right back to the store and was deemed as a fake . So you will find out one way or another . GL :smile:

And even when it seems obvious to the SA that a bag is not authentic, they really don't say, or engage in any discussion over it, they just agree to send it in for the repair, which at that point it will be clearly determined one way or another. My SA showed me a bag that someone had just brought in for repair, and I said that I know that it is not authentic and that it was so obvious, and he pretty much agreed, smiling and winking at me, and said that they are not supposed to really say one way or another to the customer bringing it in, and just send it in.