LV Sticker Shock.

alzer

Nov 16, 2009
Hello,
I am suffering from LV sticker shock.

As my user name says - "ALZER"

This was my dream travel suitcase. An Alzer in Monogram or Damier.

Anyhow I decided to make the dream happen. I went into LV and asked them about the Alzer line. They also showed me a few other cases - a Busten and a Nice travel bag for my cosmetics.

I am in absolute shock. The Alzer is 1000s of dollars and is so heavy.

Why is the rectangular suitcase so expensive?

Does any one here have one?

I have been in love with the Alzer ever since seeing the LV advert in Vogue magazine in the mid 90s.

Anyhow - should I change my dream? OR KEEP SAVING?

I would love to see any people's Alzer suitcase.

Hello,
I am suffering from LV sticker shock.

As my user name says - "ALZER"

This was my dream travel suitcase. An Alzer in Monogram or Damier.

Anyhow I decided to make the dream happen. I went into LV and asked them about the Alzer line. They also showed me a few other cases - a Busten and a Nice travel bag for my cosmetics.

I am in absolute shock. The Alzer is 1000s of dollars and is so heavy.

Why is the rectangular suitcase so expensive?

Does any one here have one?

I have been in love with the Alzer ever since seeing the LV advert in Vogue magazine in the mid 90s.

Anyhow - should I change my dream? OR KEEP SAVING?

I would love to see any people's Alzer suitcase.

I am sorry to hear that. However I am a bit surprised that you didn't know the price of the Alzer luggage before going in the store to look at it. You have been wanting one since the 90s and didn't know the price?

If you are still in love with it and can't live without it, keep saving. There is nothing better than making a dream come true.

keep saving...you will end up by having your dream bag if you just save. think about how much money you spend on things you don't really need and save. Good Luck getting you dream bag.

Get a keepall instead. You won't have to check it and you can get a trevi and a wallet too!

i totally agree with this.
the airport staff is not very careful w/ checked luggage. i wouldn't want to check a $2000+ suitcase with all my belongings in it. it doesnt seem like the most practical travel piece. keepall is a great purchase, you can carry it on and it's reasonably priced.

That is the very sad part. I thought $2000- would be enought for a LV Alzer.
That is not even half.

I was quoted about $5000- for a buston and over $6000- for the alzer.

if only it was $2000-

That is not even half.

if only it was $2000-

I would let the dream go and do what was previously suggested about the Keepall.
For that much money, you could get a pretty nice collection of LV bags.

Anyone know the price of the alzer in the 90s? It may have been a lot less then. LV has price increases every so often. For example wasnt the mc speedy 30 $1250 when it was first released, its now $2270!

I'd say keep saving if that is your Holy grail. But be open to checking out their other items, something else may appeal to you. Also, have you considered used?

That is not even half.

if only it was $2000-

The smallest Bisten, a 60, is $4,200.00.

The smallest Alzer, a 60, is $5,700.00.

It doesn't sound like either of the hardsided models would be practical for your lifestyle. I would suggest that you look at some less expensive vintage travel pieces, or a soft-sided carry-on, like others have suggested.