LV Spring 2008 yes or no?

I love the new merchandise actually... I mean it will attract younger crowds, but I hope I don't see 12 year old girls going into LV to buy a $2,000 bag. TOO many of them already take up COACH!

a lot of the comments made on this thread are very similar to the comments made about the previous Spring and Winter collections just before they came out. and look at just how many tPFers actually bought bags from these past two seasons. at the moment most are not to my taste, but i can appreciate them and their (latent) potential. i wouldn't pass judgment on future bags until they finally DO come out.

Big fat no for me. These are weird IMO...I like quirky bags (like Murakami's pieces), but these are way too weird for me. I think the first half of 08' will be another accessories year for me.

My guess is that they're doing what Coach, Dooney & Bourke, and Tiffany did - designing things to appeal to a younger market. The market is probably shrinking for the classic LV monogram designs, most of the people who are interested in them have bought them, others are just tired of the design. So they need to freshen up their image a bit, and thus the funky designs, colors and embellishments. In my opinion, they skipped their younger market with these designs and made what looks like toys for tots.

This is really a good poin in my opinion!

So far I have not liked what I have seen, but it is often that way with the runway bags. I was never crazy for the speedy with the fringe or the mirroir, but many like them. The mirage line I instantly fell in love with and others didn't care for it. I agree with Deluxeduck, we will have to wait until they do come out, before we can make any final decisions.

a lot of the comments made on this thread are very similar to the comments made about the previous Spring and Winter collections just before they came out. and look at just how many tPFers actually bought bags from these past two seasons. at the moment most are not to my taste, but i can appreciate them and their (latent) potential. i wouldn't pass judgment on future bags until they finally DO come out.

I was thinking the same! I think the Aquarelle (hope it is right name?) - the second - is not so bad, personally not my style but I guess it may look cute on a pretty girl with the right dress, but I don't like the others, especially the last one! That is really too much for me!
I also think that we are talking about bags for summer so we should be more open minded about colors! :smile:

I love the new merchandise actually... I mean it will attract younger crowds, but I hope I don't see 12 year old girls going into LV to buy a $2,000 bag. TOO many of them already take up COACH!

So true I've seen so many of those Coach girls I've also seen like an 8 yr. old with a little LV pochette but thats not as bad as this and if I had a daughter and she wanted this purse I would so ground her for thinking such vile thoughts lol!!

Even though I think they are hideous I still think they might become trendy esp. because its LV. I mean if it wasn't LV do you even think it would become a trend? I doubt it I think the name is actually carrying these because there is nothing exquisite about these on its own. I do want to see them in person though and see how someone is going to carry this.