LV Speedy vs Pochette Metis vs V Tote

Aleks Zass

Feb 28, 2020
Hi ladies, looking for a new everyday handbag
I already have the LV Neverfull MM and the Artsy MM, both in canvas
I am stuck between choosing the Speedy 30 vs Pochette Metis vs V Tote MM
I would prefer to get the new bag in Damier Ebene or Empreinte, but still open to monogram canvas too
For context, I am in my late 30s with 3 kids, professional job but more casual setting, run around a lot doing errands and carting kids to sporting activities (spend most of my winters in hockey arenas, summers on soccer fields)
I am looking for something versatile, don't carry much other than wallet/keys/cell phone/hand sanitizer and a few pieces of make-up, want something good for everyday that doesn't look too pretentious but that also transitions well for evening dinners/out with friends

Thanks for your input/opinions!

I think the speedy 30 is very casual & prefer the Métis or V tote if this is for work, play, & nights out. If you don’t carry much the BB V tote could work too. That bag in empreinte in person is gorgeous.

I think the Speedy 30 might be too big if you don’t carry a lot around everyday. It’s quite cavernous and fits a ton. My Speedy 25 fits a lot more than my Pochette Metis. The PM is a great everyday bag - the three compartments keep you organized; it’s lightweight; it can be worn as a shoulder or crossbody bag, but the strap can be removed so you can use it as a top-handle bag; and it fits a good amount of things for such a compact design. It doesn’t come in damier ebene, but the empreinte leather PMs are quite beautiful. Pochette Metis quality control anxiety has become something of a cottage industry, but if you get a good one it’s quite a nice little bag. I’m a big fan of the Speedy, but I need an organizer when I use mine, and I think the 30 is quite a large bag, at least in terms of its interior capacity.

I happen to have Pochette Metis, Speedy B damier ebene 25 and 30 and had Speedy empreinte 25 in the past. All are great bags and I can highly recommend them.

Speedy in DE is very low key but the 30 will be too big for your needs and not really appropriate for dinner out. You can easily choose 25 or if the opening drives you nuts, may I suggest speedy 25 or 30 in empreinte? I missed mine. I sold it because I chose the wrong color but definitely considering getting another when they launch a color I like.

My pochette metis is very handy for my need since I don’t carry much (more or less same like what you would bring. But I am very conscious about the monogram as I think it sometimes attract unwanted attention so it’s not really a daily go to bag for me for that reason alone. Plus I also think is not really suitable for dinner out it’s too casual. About the glazing issue, mine was no exception. But I was aware of that when I bought it in first place. This bag is highly sought after even in resale market so I was planning once mine has issue, I’d send it for repair and sell it. I knew I won’t regret I own and try this bag to see the hype and sell it with no loss. I sent it for repair after about 9mo of use but when it came back, the glazing is so beautifully done and thick I just can’t let this bag go :smile:

Reactions: waterina
If you carry only the items you described, these bags (except the Pochette Métis) will be too big.
I tried on the V tote MM in empreinte in the boutique and I found it to be quite heavy. So, for the same purpose you describe, I bought the V tote bb in monogram with red leather. It fits all of these comfortably, plus an iPad mini, so I really like taking it on a plane along with my Keepall 45. I haven’t tried it, but I think a small water bottle would also fit. I think it transitions easily from day to night, even in the monogram, while the speedy and Pochette Metis are much more casual bags. All beautiful choices, though!
P.S: I will try to take a picture of what fits in the v tote bb later, although I’m terrible with photographing...

Have a speedy 30, NF, and PM (mono), if you dont carry too much then PM is a good size, fits a wallet, keys, sunglasses, small catchall and then some. I really like the outside pocket on the PM because i like to keep my phone there. Speedy 30 is really huge and I plan to sell it. I know NF and Speedy 30 are different styles but I dont feel like i need 2 huge bags. All 3 bags are great styles....just depends on how much you carry.

Boy, I really love the empreinte vtote. I carry a little too much on a daily basis to make the bb work, but I think that this bag in the right color, could cover all the bases. And it has that adorable outside hidden pocket. I would love to get it in marine rouge. And it is currently "place in cart" in the US!
Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.06.05 AM.png

I just ordered the v tote mm. Not opening it until Mother’s Day but I’ll report back when I get it. Love the feet and zip top. I feel like it’s hard to find bigger bags these days without a divider which I am not a fan of.

I love my Pochette Métis but it’s a little too small for me for daily use.

I helped my coworker pick out the V tote a couple of a months ago. She loves it (I actually love it too). She also has 3 kids and a very active lifestyle. She needed something that would easily transition from the office to whatever activities her kids have going. This bag is absolutely perfect for that.

Thanks for all of your feedback, I really appreciate it.

I think I've excluded the Speedy for now; however still stuck between the PM and the V Tote - I watched some YouTube videos and am thinking the V Tote BB looks a little too small for me, would probably go for the MM instead.
I keep gravitating towards the PM - it looks like such a great bag, but I agree does seem more casual to me.
I will still have to think about it, but will definitely be ordering one of these 2 bags. Thanks again :smile:

Hi ladies, looking for a new everyday handbag
I already have the LV Neverfull MM and the Artsy MM, both in canvas
I am stuck between choosing the Speedy 30 vs Pochette Metis vs V Tote MM
I would prefer to get the new bag in Damier Ebene or Empreinte, but still open to monogram canvas too
For context, I am in my late 30s with 3 kids, professional job but more casual setting, run around a lot doing errands and carting kids to sporting activities (spend most of my winters in hockey arenas, summers on soccer fields)
I am looking for something versatile, don't carry much other than wallet/keys/cell phone/hand sanitizer and a few pieces of make-up, want something good for everyday that doesn't look too pretentious but that also transitions well for evening dinners/out with friends

Thanks for your input/opinions!
I'm a mother of two and I love my pochette metis. Watch my two videos they may help you pick. and