LV Speedy Empreinte Melting

msckmorris

O.G.
Feb 25, 2010
Hello!
I pulled out my gorgeous Speedy Empreinte to use it only to find that the glazing was MELTING off in several spots. The handles were starting to stick together and some of the glazing had rubbed onto the leather handle. The strap was being stored inside the inner pocket of the bag and the glazing has melted along both sides of the strap. I was so disappointed. I have already had a Speedy 30 Empreinte glazing redone and was hopeful this wouldn't happen to this one. To make matters worse, I emailed Care Services for resolution and it took almost 2 weeks to hear back and that's after calling 3 times pushing for a response. They responded and offered a complimentary repair on the bag. At this point, however, I am questioning if I should have it repaired and pray it doesn't melt again, or just exchange it. They updated me today and said they would do an exchange. Any feedback or anyone who has had their glazing redone and what was your experience? Help me out please.

20200831_102710.jpg

20200831_102733.jpg

20200831_102817.jpg

20200831_102824.jpg

20200831_104256.jpg

I had melting on three Empreinte key pouches and LV gave me the choice of having them repaired at no cost or to have them refunded for store credit. I went with store credit although I loved the pieces. Good luck.

Reactions: msckmorris
Wow. I'm sorry this is happening to your bag. I hope you are able to get a full REFUND on it. Bring it into a store in person and show them how bad it's become. No expensive luxury item should have glazing that looks like melted taffy.

Unfortunately, Empreinte items have that issue. Just bring it to the store in person. I’m sure it will be repaired.

I’ve replaced straps of my old Citadine PM twice due to cracking, at no cost.

My empreinte speedy was the first of my items that had a glazing issue. It was sent for repair and came back with brand new handles, I haven't had any troubles since. After that LV seemed to be taking bags with glaze issues and giving a credit, I guess there were just too many to fix.

Unfortunately this is a known issue for bags made in the 2013-2015 timeframe, and it appears LV has offered a repair or credit for most of these bags. I don’t think you’ll be able to exchange it since this bag is no longer in production. But you mentioned already having an Empreinte Speedy 30 reglazed. How did that one turn out? If you love this bag, you should just get it repaired so you can keep the bag but if you don’t mind parting with it, I would push for a credit so you can find something else you love. I have a Montaigne GM that had melting issues and I just sent it in for repair. I love the bag and since it’s no longer available to buy, I chose to take the repair route. I’ll update with how it turns out when it comes back.

Reactions: OCMomof3
As someone else said this is a well known issue, and LV used to offer an exchange, but since this bag is no longer in production they now offer store credit. I was offered store credit and got something else.

Yes, as others have mentioned, this is a known issue with Empreinte and I'm sure they'll make this right for you. I don't have any Empreinte bags, just two clés, and I've had no problems with these, so I wonder if it's more the bags that are affected. Either that or the climate in Scotland has protected my pieces. :lol:

If you really love the bag, send for repair first. After repair if glazing still melt, then return it and get store credit. I’ve ether return or sent for repair more than 10 to 20 bags . For bags that after replacing new glazing still melt again, LV normally refuse to do second time repair , they will tell you to return them . I’m still keeping a W tote that I love very much even though it melted for the second time, not as bad as the first time . LV said I can return it anytime , so I just keep it first .

I had the same experience as @23adeline. I returned several bags for store credit. There were a couple of my Empreinte Speedy bags that I could not part with due to their color. Those I had repaired. They replaced the handles and the strap. Good as new. So I suppose it depends on how much you love your bag or if you see something you would like to replace it with.

Yes, as others have mentioned, this is a known issue with Empreinte and I'm sure they'll make this right for you. I don't have any Empreinte bags, just two clés, and I've had no problems with these, so I wonder if it's more the bags that are affected. Either that or the climate in Scotland has protected my pieces. :lol:
The lovely cool weather would certainly help - I heard it was heat and humidity which caused the glazing to melt. I had to return a $12 000 HM special order bag because the handles were ruined. You don't expect that kind of poor quality on a bag costing that much.:tdown:

Unfortunately this is a known issue for bags made in the 2013-2015 timeframe, and it appears LV has offered a repair or credit for most of these bags. I don’t think you’ll be able to exchange it since this bag is no longer in production. But you mentioned already having an Empreinte Speedy 30 reglazed. How did that one turn out? If you love this bag, you should just get it repaired so you can keep the bag but if you don’t mind parting with it, I would push for a credit so you can find something else you love. I have a Montaigne GM that had melting issues and I just sent it in for repair. I love the bag and since it’s no longer available to buy, I chose to take the repair route. I’ll update with how it turns out when it comes back.

I checked the handles and the strap on my 30 and there is one spot but it looks great other than that and its been stored in the same closet as the 25. Please do update us. Thanks.

Reactions: miknarth
If you really love the bag, send for repair first. After repair if glazing still melt, then return it and get store credit. I’ve ether return or sent for repair more than 10 to 20 bags . For bags that after replacing new glazing still melt again, LV normally refuse to do second time repair , they will tell you to return them . I’m still keeping a W tote that I love very much even though it melted for the second time, not as bad as the first time . LV said I can return it anytime , so I just keep it first .

I think this is the route I am going. Thinking back on when I got the bag, I was so excited because of the Cherise color. They'd also just done the redesign on the Empriente Speedys and I didn't care for the new model. I searched high and low across all the states with the help of a SA and was able to find this one. I'll have them repair it and if it does it again, I'll have to let it go at that point.

Reactions: miknarth