LV Speedy B 25 Monogram- everyday bag?

rmv7

LVoer of all things luxe
Dec 28, 2017
Hi all,

I am looking for some input. I currently have 2 Neverfull MM's in DA & DE, a Speedy 30 in DE, and a Favorite PM in Monogram. I have been wanting the Speedy B 25 for sometime now to use as an everyday crossbody bag. I tried this bag on in Monogram previously in Aruba and fell in love with it, but I was always certain I would get it in DE because of how carefree DE is. My fiancé purchased the Speedy B 25 in Monogram and I love it. However, because of the vachetta I am so torn on this being my everyday bag. I live in MA so rain and snow does happen. Has anyone used this bag as an everyday bag and kept it looking nice? The SA and my fiancé didn't think I should get yet another damier print and I agree. I do love how how the Speedy B looks in Monogram, but I do not want my bag to look dirty, dingy, or just worn out. I don't remember where or who posted it, but I have seen monogram canvas almost totally rubbed off/ faded, or cracked which is my biggest fear more-so than the vachetta. My DE bags still look immaculate so I am fearful that Monogram canvas doesn't or won't hold up as well. Thanks in advance for your inputs/experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I don’t get the vachetta fears people have...any marks even out in time and there are 30-40 year old bags with gorgeous brown patina. The point is that it should get darker...in the very very beginning you could make sure you have an umbrella but after a couple months of use a rain drop here or there won’t be so obvious and again, will even out over time.

Personally I don’t get the vachetta fears people have...any marks even out in time and there are 30-40 year old bags with gorgeous brown patina. The point is that it should get darker...in the very very beginning you could make sure you have an umbrella but after a couple months of use a rain drop here or there won’t be so obvious and again, will even out over time.
Thank you!!

Reactions: MmeM124
Keeping vachetta pristine is a relatively new concept which was never the intention of LV when making this beautiful leather. This is from the LV website:

"This natural, vegetable-tanned cowhide leather, is deeply rooted in the History of Louis Vuitton. A hallmark of this leather is its transparency, which reveals natural markings such as veins and wrinkles, proving it has not been treated. This delicate, easily scratched leather will develop a rich amber patina, unique to each bag, and a greater suppleness in time. This patina, along with wear acquired through use, signifies as proof of the product’s authenticity and journey alongside the owner. If the leather becomes stained before patina, do not try to clean it. Allow the leather to naturally darken and stains will become less apparent."

If you love monogram, keep it, wear it, and it will reward you with the marks of your journey together :smile:

Keeping vachetta pristine is a relatively new concept which was never the intention of LV when making this beautiful leather. This is from the LV website:

"This natural, vegetable-tanned cowhide leather, is deeply rooted in the History of Louis Vuitton. A hallmark of this leather is its transparency, which reveals natural markings such as veins and wrinkles, proving it has not been treated. This delicate, easily scratched leather will develop a rich amber patina, unique to each bag, and a greater suppleness in time. This patina, along with wear acquired through use, signifies as proof of the product’s authenticity and journey alongside the owner. If the leather becomes stained before patina, do not try to clean it. Allow the leather to naturally darken and stains will become less apparent."

If you love monogram, keep it, wear it, and it will reward you with the marks of your journey together :smile:

Reactions: rmv7
I just purchased a new bag with vachetta. I have many bags with vachetta that I’ve never treated. They’ve all aged beautifully and yes, have some random spots. So many are now treating with Apple garde etc. that
i considered treating my new bag. I went to LV and read the care instructions and will follow their recommendations of not treating.

Reactions: rmv7 and cbarrus
I just purchased a new bag with vachetta. I have many bags with vachetta that I’ve never treated. They’ve all aged beautifully and yes, have some random spots. So many are now treating with Apple garde etc. that
i considered treating my new bag. I went to LV and read the care instructions and will follow their recommendations of not treating.

I have never treated by bags either. I believe in doing what the manufacturer recommends. I have always thought that treating vachetta can attract dirt rather than repel it. I love patina, so I don't do anything to discourage the process.

Thank you all for your responses!! For you ladies who have monogram- have you noticed any issues specific to this print? I’ve seen horror photos of monogram canvas rubbed off or faded and also photos of cracking.

I have monogram dating from 1995-2020. Every single monogram item I own is in perfect condition., canvas wise. No canvas issues. My items, bags, slgs, have been babied, used, not necessarily abused and have held up great. The worst issue I have experienced is with my monogram 6 key holder. The holder and canvas are perfect. The fuschia button rubbed off early on and looks like crap. I just can’t be bothered to have it fixed.

Thank you all for your responses!! For you ladies who have monogram- have you noticed any issues specific to this print? I’ve seen horror photos of monogram canvas rubbed off or faded and also photos of cracking.

I have seen pictures of bags that look like they have been run over by a truck. I always wonder what people could have possibly done to that poor bag. If you are a person who takes reasonably good care of your bags, your monogram bag does not have to suffer the same fate.

Reactions: rmv7 and janetaz
I have monogram dating from 1995-2020. Every single monogram item I own is in perfect condition., canvas wise. No canvas issues. My items, bags, slgs, have been babied, used, not necessarily abused and have held up great. The worst issue I have experienced is with my monogram 6 key holder. The holder and canvas are perfect. The fuschia button rubbed off early on and looks like crap. I just can’t be bothered to have it fixed.
Thank you so much!!! This makes me feel a lot better!

I have seen pictures of bags that look like they have been run over by a truck. I always wonder what people could have possibly done to that poor bag. If you are a person who takes reasonably good care of your bags, your monogram bag does not have to suffer the same fate.
Thank you so much!!! You’ve eased my mind and I can’t wait for my new bag to arrive. You’re so right about the bags looking like they got run over by truck

Reactions: cbarrus