LV Speedy 35 or 40 for everyday big bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm 5'7"- 160 pounds. I love big bags. Which one should i get? Does anyone have pictures of both side by side so I can see the difference? Or on someones arm?:tup:

I recently purchased the Carryall and it's a tad too big to carry as a purse, it's heavy!

2. I love the 35 but I am only 5'2"... being that you are taller you can totally pull off the 40 if you'd like. I don't have any pics to show you but both would work.. It really depends on how much you carry with you I guess. Good luck choosing!!

3. Thank u! Is the 40 too heavy?

4. i use a 35 and im realy tiny. i love it.

5. Anyone got pics?

6. If you love big bags I'd say go with the 40!

7. I'm just over 6ft in socks and I thought the 40 was too big. The 35 would be my choice. Now, I'm eyeing the Epi for a holiday purchase and I'll go with the biggest one they have (which I believe is the 35). I love big bags!! The 40 came off like a piece of luggage, so that's why I'd go with the 35. Good luck!!

8. Is the 40 too luggage-ish? I got the Carryall and I"m using that as my purse right now...it's a bit too large.

9. I think it is, but that's just me. When you get into BIG bags, there is a fine line (I think) where it goes from looking chic to looking awkward. Some of the LV bags are gorgeous, but unless I'm using it as a tote (which is what it was designed for), it looks too big, too bulky. The Speedy 40 falls into the range (to me). I've seen a person use it as a bag and it looks heavy when she carries it and very awkward in the crook of her arm. The sag is a BIG one also.

But this is just my opinion. If YOU love it and LOVE the look, THAT is what matters! :yes:

10. I have had both... and both are perfect!

11. I would say the 35 for a large day bag. The 40 is getting into luggage territory. That has its place, but not always as a day bag.

12. I have the 35 and I love it. I love big bags in general and this is big enough w/o crossing the line to ridiculously big (think Katie Holmes' gigantic red Birkin!). I think the 40 is more like a carry-on, not an everyday bag. I am 5'5" 125lbs. Here are pics of me with Speedy

Attached Files:

• 111.JPG
      111.JPG
      File size:
      75.2 KB
      Views:
    • 112.JPG
      112.JPG
      File size:
      79.2 KB
      Views:
  13. Thank you that helps alot! Thats a Speedy 35 in the pics, correct?

14. They are both great

15. I use a 40, but that's because I need room for a laptop and some really big school books. Otherwise, I think that the 35 is great for a big everyday bag.