LV sold in US also made in US?

I got my Monogram Speedy a few years ago and it was Made in France --bought it via eLuxury so it was purchased here.

I actually prefer it to be "Made in France" as well for some reason. It's just one of my "things".

I am new here, I am an american, but LV is a french name, french based co. so i believe in sticking with "made in France" not USA. My new Multicolor Alma is made in France, if it wasn't that bag will get returned to the LV store for another one that has the right "country" of origin... anything LV made purse, shoes, clothes, sunglasses etc should all be made in France... I love my country, but to me made in USA just puts a sour taste to my tongue, seems cheap even though they are of the same strict quality... I really would prefer an imported purse to be made in France, feels like I am getting my monies worth :tdown::tdown:

I think the monogram pieces that are purchased here in US are mostly made in US.

My Monos: speedy, mussette tango, pochette and bh are all made in US. My other bags that are not mono are all made in france.

However, my mono tresor wallet is made in france. Go figure...

I will be in Paris next month and will wait to buy all my LVs in France because of the memory of my vacation. I just prefer to buy them when I am traveling so I have something to remind me....if given a choice, I would prefer my bags to be made in France but i have no problem if they were made in USA.

My LV's have to be Made in France too. I know the quality is the same, but I just prefer that. When an item is first released, it is very likely they will all be Made in France. The Made in USA items seem to be the popular items in the US market and, in fact, can't be returned/exchanged outside of US. Makes me wonder why LV has a different policy for the Made in USA products than those Made in France.

I guess OP is from Europe, but if she had owned a "made in USA" LV, then I think she have a chance to change her mind. It really is the same quality when you examine the same bags from two places. But if OP has special sentiment attached to all "French made" things, then it is understanble too. I know there are many people (like myself) are loyal to LV who would not buy any other brand for similiar "loyalty" reason. She is just being "loyal" to her "origin". She probably doesn't mean to degrade anyone here with her comment. (I hope not!)

I can appreciate that LV isn't available in boutiques in all countries, and therefore I do understand that one may have to go outside their own home land to find what they're looking for. I guess I was more put off by the original poster considered buying LV outside of France, namely the US, a compromise. :wtf: Maybe I just took it the wrong way?

If the original poster had worded her first post in the same way you worded yours, I would not have felt the need to respond. The fact is, however, that whether she meant it or not, her first post offended some of the Americans on this board. That is why I responded in kind.

Interesting thread and this topic is posted frequently by others with the same concerns. One thing to keep in mind is that we are communicating online instead of in person. That alone will "tweak" whatever point/opinion we are trying to get across. Add that to the OP's true intent PLUS other members' own individual interpretations and a whirling dervish of miscommunication is born! :Push:

Myself, I took it to mean that the OP did not want to settle/compromise for anything other than what she wanted, which was an item made in France. I did not get an implication that quality varied depending upon origin of the item in question.

I have LV from both places and love them just the same.:love:

Many sold here are made in france. For example, I have a Damier ebene speedy, Azur speedy, mono speedy, and epi speedy, only one (mono speedy) is made in USA the others are made in France. I bought all four from the U.S. (3 mainland and 1 Hawaii) 3 out of 4 is pretty good!

i also prefer my bags to be made in france. in fact, i had just bought a tivoli gm that is made in the USA a couple of days ago and am thinking of exchanging it.

I think the original post just came out the wrong way. Some people prefer their LV's to be made in France and that's their thing. Mine is made in USA and it doesn't bother me especially since it's of good quality.

I got my Totally on the first day it was released in the U.S. (March 1) and it's "Made in France" ...the SA told me that if you rly want the "Made in France" one, you can buy the first batch becuz it was sent from France...U.S. will start making production after that... :smile: