LV Snow Globe... to keep or to sell???

Feb 3, 2013
(Realized this wasn't really a shopping question, so this is a re-post... sorry!!!)

Hi there,

Been awhile since I've been back to tPF-- missed this community!

I recently was gifted the red Alma 2009 snow globe by my SA.

Actually was so nice-- I'd dropped off my new zippy DE wallet to have it hot stamped, along with my DE Neverfull MM and DE small agenda. Was to have my first initial only on the chap of my Neverfull and my full initials on the wallet and agenda. Got a call the next day saying that he'd accidentally done just my first initial on the wallet and agenda (centering them) as well. I was bummed, because I'm newly married and the full initials was the point... so he replaced the agenda (which was from 2009 anyway but EUC) with a new one and did the full initials, and instead of replacing the wallet, said that he would send me the snow globe, so I went with that. Good deal, I thought! And the heat stamping looks great!

But, I don't really collect the snow globes. Are they really as rare and special as they seem to be? The red alma one is currently going on eBay from $350-600+. I'm considering selling to save up for my next purchase... what do you think? Would you sell or keep? If you'd sell, what would you list it for?

Thanks!!

ETA: Reminder that selling/buying/trading is not permitted on tPF.

I would keep it, it would be special for me as it was a gift, and I would put it in my glass cabinet, and the little light would shine on it from above the shelve. But everyone is different.

OMG!!!!!!!! I would keep it. I have been looking for those online trying to get my hands on one :smile: But if you're not that into it, I think you could get a lot of money for it! Then you could get more LV woohoo!

I think most of the girls will advise to keep, but if you don't need it, don't plan to expose it somewhere on the shelf then sell it. When you sell it, you will have nice extra money. I myself keep something similar (with trunks inside) and I just don't have the heart to sell. But I have it only in my wardrobe in the box without any use....

I'd keep it! If it were something I could walk into the store and buy, I might feel differently about it. But, if you're not that attached to it and want the money to fund another beauty, then selling it sounds ideal. I would just LOVE one day out of the blue to be given one:smile: it would make my day:smile:)

If it were the Groom globe, I'd keep it! I love that thing. But there's no way I'm paying for one on eBay. If I don't get given one eventually, I'll just admire the ones you lucky folks here have!

Sell it! I just looked on ebay at what you are talking about. The red groom is cute, but the red alma one is just sort of blah! Nothing special at all. Take the $ and buy a new bag!