LV Snow Globe... to keep or to sell???

+1 to sell

Anything you do not use or appreciate will only collect dust. It is basically throwing money that you could have had in your hands away. Think of it this way, if you don't like it, sell it for the money that you would like to have to someone who's going to appreciate the snow globe you didn't like.

(Realized this wasn't really a shopping question, so this is a re-post... sorry!!!)

Hi there,

Been awhile since I've been back to tPF-- missed this community!

I recently was gifted the red Alma 2009 snow globe by my SA.

Actually was so nice-- I'd dropped off my new zippy DE wallet to have it hot stamped, along with my DE Neverfull MM and DE small agenda. Was to have my first initial only on the chap of my Neverfull and my full initials on the wallet and agenda. Got a call the next day saying that he'd accidentally done just my first initial on the wallet and agenda (centering them) as well. I was bummed, because I'm newly married and the full initials was the point... so he replaced the agenda (which was from 2009 anyway but EUC) with a new one and did the full initials, and instead of replacing the wallet, said that he would send me the snow globe, so I went with that. Good deal, I thought! And the heat stamping looks great!

But, I don't really collect the snow globes. Are they really as rare and special as they seem to be? The red alma one is currently going on eBay from $350-600+. I'm considering selling to save up for my next purchase... what do you think? Would you sell or keep? If you'd sell, what would you list it for?

Thanks!!

ETA: Reminder that selling/buying/trading is not permitted on tPF.
I would keep it! Nice lil' keepsake :smile:

I think it depends on whether or not you think will regret selling it for the sake of instant satisfaction from selling it. If you are the type of person who does not have any form of sentimental attachment to selling things in the past, then I would say sell it. However, if you have sold many things in the past that you regret, then I would reconsider because this is such a collectible piece and you will have to pay hundreds to re-acquire the object if you regret it. So, in other words, it all depends on your personality.

I have this snow globe and love it, would never sell it.. but... this is personal and if you are not attached to it you could sell it, it is your decision and you should do whatever you are comfortable with

If you won't display it or use it or won't get any happiness from it... sell it.

But if you like it and will use it...keep it. Personally I would keep it since those things are so rare. Who knows.... one day it may be worth more or you could pass it along to someone!

+1 to sell

Anything you do not use or appreciate will only collect dust. It is basically throwing money that you could have had in your hands away. Think of it this way, if you don't like it, sell it for the money that you would like to have to someone who's going to appreciate the snow globe you didn't like.

Well said. Completely agree!

Thank you all so much for your advice!! I'm going to try to sell it, but if it doesn't sell for what I'm asking, then I'll keep it for awhile. Won't hurt to have it in my collection, and I can always sell later on too! :smile:

If I were you and I won't sell. I were given 2 LV globes and some other LV gifts which I won't sell them. Money can always save up anytime to buy a bag. But LV gifts aren't easy to get hold of it. :P